Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the multi-function switch on my 2017 Hyundai Elantra, it broke at the base (where the stalk comes out) I have heard great things about Q-Bond, and I've seen some videos but nothing to repair a turn signal on a car. has anybody done tried this stuff to repair a turn signal before, or is it best to just replace it? I found a replacement for $60 on eBay and going down to FL for thanksgiving (my brother says he can put it in)

FYI the car IS under warranty but I doubt it would be covered because I physically broke it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol....the CAR has a warranty, I figured if I got any work done on the car outside of the dealer, that might void my warranty in general (he would need to remove the steering wheel to install it)

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
I figured if I got any work done on the car outside of the dealer, that might void my warranty in general
How will Hyundai know someone outside of the dealer network has done work on your car, assuming they don't make a complete pig's ear of the job? They will only know if you tell them. So don't.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
well, in that case, I made an earlier post on this forum about my driverside mirror glass falling off from a pot hole (someone said it should be covered under warranty, since hitting a pot hole shouldn't make the mirror glass fall off) ......should I tell them that it broke while hitting the pot hole? (I WAS making a turn in a parking lot) :) or is that not believable

·
Registered
983 Posts
Everyone needs to stop being so concerned about fixing your own car.
You will not void the warranty if you fix your own car. If you botch the repair, and choose to have a dealer do the repair you didn't do, you would pay them to re-do the repair. But the verhicle remains under warranty. In general, when a part is replaced, that new part has its own warranty, which is often better than the original vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you're still in your 5 year 60K mile range, and you're the original owner, then its bumper to bumper. So, anything that breaks would be covered. Only things not covered are wear items. Oil, tires, filters, brakes, and so on.
I would think it would be covered. Can't hurt to take it to a dealership and see what they say.. Maybe an hour or 2 of your time. If they say NO, its not covered, what did you loose? Just the time.
If they say YES, it is covered, then, you don't have to worry about it being broken, and the repair would be free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts