Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having electrical issues with my 2012 SE. Here is a little bit of a back story:

Prior to the issues I was having I had switched nearly all of my bulbs to LED. I left only my front turn signal bulbs stock. After this I installed an HID Fog kit from Sharkracing.com. Everything was working just fine. One week later I switched over my front turn signals to LED using the appropriate resistors. Here is where the problem beings.

I tied in the resistors using blue wire splicers. I had some help from my father in law who is an electrician and car guru. Once we had wired everything in the signals continued to hyper-flash. We pinpointed the issue to one of the LED bulbs. As soon as that particular bulb was placed in, regardless of what side, hyper-flashing began. Curious, I switched this bulb out for an already converted bulb from my rear brake lights. This bulb is an exact match to what was needed in the front. VIOLA! Everything worked just fine. I finished up my connections and closed the hood, happy to have a fully converted LED automobile.

Three days later I woke up early for work. It was cold and extremely foggy. As I turned out onto the highway I noticed the signals weren't working. No click, no hyper-flash, nothing. By the time I got to work (15 minute drive) everything worked just fine. The same thing continued to happen in the mornings. It became progressively worse, where now my turn signals only work during warm, dry afternoons.

Tonight I snipped the splicers out and put my original bulbs in...no response from the turn signals. Keep in mind the hazards work JUST fine. My running lights also work just fine. When I turn on my blinkers there is no indication from the car that I have even engaged them. I have swapped out the bulb from the rear that caused the issue to begin with...to no avail.

I put in a new turn signal switch when I installed the fog lights, before switching the front turn signals and before the problem occurred. At some point during this entire process my fog lights also quit working. After looking at the switch I noticed that a connection had come loose leading to the fuse for this.

What could possibly cause this? The relay is still working just fine. Is there a separate relay for the turn signals versus the hazards? Is it possible that the switch itself is faulty, and if so, why would temperature affect this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys! I'm bound to get a ticket if I keep driving without signals. Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's a very strange issue. Sounds to me like you need to remove all modifications and slowly do them one by one again. It could be something so simple (usually is with these strange issues). Its painstaking and will be frustrating to remove it all but do that and see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts