Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 sonata. when the lights are on the right turn signal stays on. works fine when lights are off. also hazards don't blink with head lights on. I have replaced bulbs, fuses, relay, and switch/stalk.
I saw the tiburon thread to replace the bcm, is that the same for my sonata?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
is that the same for my sonata?
Fortunately the Sonata is not like the Tiburon.

Here's a link where I've just been advising a guy who is having the same problem on a Santa Fe:
Turn Signal Malfunction When Headlights Are On

I assume a Sonata wont have a trailer hitch, so I've jumped past that bit. Check out my last post about the marker lamps. Is that perhaps relevant to your Sonata?

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Yeah I read that in your opening post.
Did you try removing the front bulbs like I suggested in the other thread to see if that allows the rear turn signals to work with the headlamps on?

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Do the dash turn signal tell tail lights illuminate when you switch on the headlamps? If so, is it both or just one side?

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
One or both?
What I would do is switch the headlamps on then disconnect the wiring from your front and rear lamp units one at a time, checking the tell tails after you disconnect each lamp. If you find the tell tails go out then the lamp you just disconnected is the one that is causing the problem. If only one tell tail is on you only need to disconnect the lamps on that side of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did that. front right removal made it work. pulled bulb and inspected bulb holder. contacts were touching. put in a flexible insulator and now works.
Thank you for your guidance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts