Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a problem with an intermittent turn signal that seems to be caused by the socket. Thought it would be easy to buy a new one, but no online sources appear to offer the socket by itself. It's only available with the entire headlight assembly.

Does anyone know if there is another Hyundai model that uses the same turn signal socket?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Corrosion issue on the socket? Might be worth a trip to a junkyard to pull (cut) one from a damaged unit. Just be sure to waterproof your splice job when completed. I usually use a piece of heat shrink over the connection and a dab of RTV on each end of the heat shrink to complete the job.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Had two Buicks that ate sockets annually until I cleaned one of them up with sandpaper and a file and then packed the socket with dielectric grease and then installed the bulb.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Another leaker, eh? Wonder where rlh268 lives that he's running into problems, or whether he's just got water in there all the time for other reasons that need to be addressed. That socket hasn't been a topic of conversation around here or in the shops.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2 sockets today with the thin ground strip in wall of socket pushed in enough it would not firmly ride base of bulb..

First car was a 13 Santa Fe, new car (fella beside me),, 2nd car was a 05 Sonata..

We just took seal pick and pull the strip out enough to ride base of bulb firmly to provide ground.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Good to hear it isn't due to leaks. Are you 'forming' the metal to provide a tighter fit, or is it a matter of the metal not being correctly positioned (too far to the rear) within the socket to begin with so that the bayonet won't engage? Don't know what they put on the DM, but our old CMs are bayonet mounts up there, not the 'new' push-in variety like the backup lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts