Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I upgraded my 2011 GLS Sonata with the OEM fog light kit from SR. I pulled the wheel as instructed, changed out the turn signal/light switch, and installed everything else like normal. It all seemed to go fine with one exception. I notice that when I flip the turn signal switch on, I barely have to turn it back to straighten the wheels out before it self cancels. Generally I only make it half way through the turn before it shuts off. At first I thought it was just in my head and the signal switch had always been this touchy, but the more I drive it the more I'm convinced something isn't the way it should be. Normally I'd just replace the turn signal switch, but since you have to remove the air bag/steering wheel in this case I'm hesitant to do it again. Does any body else have experience with this or a quick fix? Or, is this normal behavior for your Sonatas?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Sounds normal to me. But I had paddles and fogs from the factory.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If I'm in the middle of a turn, my signals are still on. It doesn't cancel until the wheel starts to move the opposite direction. Maybe you have a bad switch or something isn't aligned properly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts