Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy... I purchased some turn signal LEDs for my 2012 Hyundai Sonata SE. I also purchased the load resistors, (6 ohm 50 watt) to install as well. Below is a drawing I did. Is this the correct way to install the resistors at each LED? This kind of installation makes it appear me that the resistor is actually acting like a filament on an incandescent lamp?

I posted this in another area of the forums and was told this looks right. I just want to make sure. Thanks again.

Load Resistor Schematic.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, sorry to be so late, but I just discovered your post.
NO this is not correct. the resistance must be in serie with the led. So, Positive, one side of resistance, other side of resistance, led, negative.
As on the schematic, the resistance is just using some current but has no effect for the LED.
If you used this schematic I guess you already discovered the bad of it.
Enjoy modifications.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As far as your schematic is concerned, I have to differ with the first reply. Connecting the resistor in parallel with the led bulb is actually want you want to do (as you show in your schematic). Basically what you are doing is substituting the resistor for the filament in the bulb you are replacing with the led. The led has little resistance and non-digital flashers flash super fast when there is little to no resistance (almost a "short" circuit) in the turn signal circuit. So go ahead and use the connection in parallel and it should work fine. It is the same way i have always connected my leds. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts