Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with the passenger side front turn signal in my 2011 Elantra. It isn't working, but the bulb isn't burnt out. The fuses are good and the headlight is working fine. The wiring harness going into the head light assembly also appears to be in good shape as well.

However, If I take it out, re-seat the bulb and put it back in it works fine until I shut the car off again. Then it stops working again.

Any suggestions on what could be causing it?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Repair the socket..

By that we want to hook the 2 contacts in bottom of socket and raise them up some to "load" the matching contacts on bottom of bulb,, and look at wall of socket,, you will spy a thin strip of copper finger that rides side of bulb for ground,,,, bow that finger out some into the bore of the socket so base of bulb has firm contact with finger when bulb install to socket.

Seem to me there be 2 or 3 ears on socket that contact matching points on lamp housing,, bow them up slightly so they make solid contact with lamp housing

Looking at fuse and wires wont tell you if there is indeed electricity in the line,, need to use a DVOM and let meter assign a number value to reflect presence of voltage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts