Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My left front turn signal stopped working. I checked and saw that there are 2 orange bulbs there on each side and both have dual "spirals". I don't believe that both bulbs could go down at once. And they do work when I turn the "light" switch to the 1st position. So I have a strong feeling that the problem isn't bulbs themselves.

I started checking the book for the location of the breaker controlling these bulbs. And I don't see any information about that.
Do you know where is it located?
Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,597 Posts
Usually, the turn signals aren't individually fused. One fuse powers all the lamps, left & right, front & rear.

The "spirals" that illuminate when you switch on the light switch are different "spirals" to the ones that illuminate when you switch on the turn signals, so you can't assume it isn't blown bulbs just because the bulbs light when you switch on the lights.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
Hi Guys,
My left front turn signal stopped working. I checked and saw that there are 2 orange bulbs there on each side
So you have two bulbs on each side??
Are these front turn lights or rear turn lights??

and both have dual "spirals". I don't believe that both bulbs could go down at once.
When was the last time you looked at the bulbs?
Could one have gone out first (without you noticing) and then the second soon after?

And they do work when I turn the "light" switch to the 1st position. So I have a strong feeling that the problem isn't bulbs themselves.
That means one of the two spiral filaments is working?
What happens to the lights when you turn on the turn signal?

I started checking the book for the location of the breaker controlling these bulbs. And I don't see any information about that.
Thanks
Guess I would start looking in the engine compartment .. fuse and relay box.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So you have two bulbs on each side??
Are these front turn lights or rear turn lights??
Yes, Two bulbs sitting next to each other on the each site on the front of Sonata 2011

When was the last time you looked at the bulbs?
Could one have gone out first (without you noticing) and then the second soon after?
Theoretically yes. I've never looked at them in the last 7 years. What's the reason to look when they work well? I've just learned today that there were 2 bulbs there on each side.
Some 25 years ago I really liked to undo some parts from my old car and then clean them and to put them back. I don't have time to play these types of games now :(

That means one of the two spiral filaments is working? Yes.
What happens to the lights when you turn on the turn signal
Nothing happens. The green "arrow" little lamp on the dash board starts blinking with the double speed which means that there is a "whole" in this line in the electrical network

Guess I would start looking in the engine compartment .. fuse and relay box.
Do you know W H E R E is that fuse located??????? That was the original question of t

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I'll take "open circuit" of bulb filament on the hi-watt side of bulb for a Wendy number 6 with mayo only, medium size with chocolate Frosty

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take "open circuit" of bulb filament on the hi-watt side of bulb for a Wendy number 6 with mayo only, medium size with chocolate Frosty
Thanks SBR. Sorry, I didn't understand the part about Wendy and Frosty. I don't often sit in forums. Probably that's why. If it was some kind of a real advise and not a BS, could you please rephrase?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
Do you know W H E R E is that fuse located??????? That was the original question of t
In the engine bay, there should be a fuse box with fuses and relays in it.
Unfortunately, I don't know the number or position of said fuses
However, there should be markings on the top or cover of the box that tells you what each fuse or relay does

And sbr711 was answering and kidding
Trying to make it fun??

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
We don't have Wendys here in the UK :wink:

Aha. Now I know how to make my first million!

I know in other countries places like McDonald's, etc can serve liquor. Drambuie flavoured Frosties?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to Everyone who responded, especially to those who responded to the topic (it wasn't about Wendy's # 6 combo).

For those who is really interested in resolving the issue described in the topic I would provide the details.

1. The car has only one turn yellow bulb on each side. It was my mistake; the other one that I mentioned was just a reflection.
2. The breaker controlling the turning light is integrated into the front light body. You can't reach it without taking the front light out first.
3. To change the turning light bulb you have to remove the whole front light out from the car (same as # 2 above).
4. To remove a front light you have to remove left part of the front bumper. Yes, you don't need to remove the whole bumper. Just unscrew few bolts and move bumper slightly to be able to unscrew the front light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly the same problem. The turn signal bulb would light when I switched on my running lights, but not when I switched on my blinkers or hazard lights. They were right about there being 2 filaments in the bulb, which I guess explains it. Didn't need to change the fuse, or take out the whole lighting assembly. There's a small access panel up under the wheel well that can be removed with a single screw that allows you to change the turn signal bulb from behind. Requires some dexterity, but little effort.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would try pushing the 4-way (Emergency) flasher button to verify if bulbs are functional. Turning on the parking lights is not the same as these bulbs have two filaments.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Guys,
My left front turn signal stopped working. I checked and saw that there are 2 orange bulbs there on each side and both have dual "spirals". I don't believe that both bulbs could go down at once. And they do work when I turn the "light" switch to the 1st position. So I have a strong feeling that the problem isn't bulbs themselves.

Thanks
I had a problem with the front left turn signal constantly going out but the bulb wasn't the problem. I only had to remove the bulb holder and put it back in and the turn signal would work for a few months. I finally replaced the bulb holder and havn't had a problem since. The bulb is accessed through a door in the wheel well you don't need to remove the head light for normal maintenance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to Everyone who responded, especially to those who responded to the topic (it wasn't about Wendy's # 6 combo).

For those who is really interested in resolving the issue described in the topic I would provide the details.

1. The car has only one turn yellow bulb on each side. It was my mistake; the other one that I mentioned was just a reflection.
2. The breaker controlling the turning light is integrated into the front light body. You can't reach it without taking the front light out first.
3. To change the turning light bulb you have to remove the whole front light out from the car (same as # 2 above).
4. To remove a front light you have to remove left part of the front bumper. Yes, you don't need to remove the whole bumper. Just unscrew few bolts and move bumper slightly to be able to unscrew the front light.
Hey, you do not need to remove the lamp to change the turning bulb. There is an access underneath, turn your wheels right and you will find the plate, remove it and you can change the bulb.
I just did it but found different problem, new bulb does not work either, not sure what’s the problem.
it’s not a fuse as other 3 turning lights working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts