Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the answer is no but I figured I would ask anyway.

Any way to set the seat heaters to turn on when the car is remote started?

·
Registered
74 Posts
There is none at this point. I called blue-link yesterday and asked the same question. I was thinking of glueing some small weighted stone or metal piece over the switch with tape so that it keeps the button pressed when the car starts.
Anyone has any better idea?

·
Registered
444 Posts

If you already know the answer, why ask?
One more useless thread.

Reactions: bobsingh

·
22,788 Posts
If you already know the answer, why ask?
One more useless thread.
I'm not so sure, LMAO. I would have hated to have missed the "glue and stone" comment. I enjoy the comments. While some may be "way out there," oftentimes they trigger a thought that has you going, "Hmm, that makes no sense whatsoever, but I wonder if..." :wink2:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I wish! But in reality, only better quality aftermarket RS have this kind of option where you can add modules to control other functions.

At the very least, I wish the car would retain the heated seat setting after the car is turned off. I could do it with my Highlander because the heat seater control was a small dial rather than the push button setting like on our SFs. What defies logic is that the car retains the heated steering wheel setting (ie, it will come back on when the car is restarted if it was on when the car was turned off), but not the heated/cooled seats.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wish! But in reality, only better quality aftermarket RS have this kind of option where you can add modules to control other functions.

At the very least, I wish the car would retain the heated seat setting after the car is turned off. I could do it with my Highlander because the heat seater control was a small dial rather than the push button setting like on our SFs. What defies logic is that the car retains the heated steering wheel setting (ie, it will come back on when the car is restarted if it was on when the car was turned off), but not the heated/cooled seats.
Run a wire from the heated steering wheel and run it to the heated seat lvl 1 switch. So when the heated steering wheel is on so is the heated seat. Does anyone drive around with more then lvl 1 heated seats on??? My ass burns with anything else!

·
Registered
29 Posts

The heated steering wheel is a hard "push on/push off" switch, whereas the seats are momentary "soft switches". The soft switch sends a momentary pulse to the controller, which then turns on the seat warmer, or cooling fans. Jeep uses soft switches for both, as well as tying them into the outside temperature sensor. On the Jeep, when the outside temperature is below 40 degrees, the heated seat and heated steering wheel come on, either with remote start, or normal starting. Above 60 degrees, the cooled seat is activated. Hyundai could easily do the same, via software.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The heated steering wheel is a hard "push on/push off" switch, whereas the seats are momentary "soft switches". The soft switch sends a momentary pulse to the controller, which then turns on the seat warmer, or cooling fans. Jeep uses soft switches for both, as well as tying them into the outside temperature sensor. On the Jeep, when the outside temperature is below 40 degrees, the heated seat and heated steering wheel come on, either with remote start, or normal starting. Above 60 degrees, the cooled seat is activated. Hyundai could easily do the same, via software.
Is there a way that we can collectively request them for this feature?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not so sure, LMAO. I would have hated to have missed the "glue and stone" comment. I enjoy the comments. While some may be "way out there," oftentimes they trigger a thought that has you going, "Hmm, that makes no sense whatsoever, but I wonder if..." :wink2:
Now your support is really motivating me to try it out :) :) :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My I know but will ask comment is my way of saying I search and couldn't find a yes answer but couldn't find a definitive no answer also so I'm pretty sure it can't be done and I can't find a way to do it but hey maybe there is a slight chance there is someone that knows how to do it, with out taping a stone to the button.

Btw. the stone wont work. If you press and hold the seat warmer button for 5 seconds or so it shuts off.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
222 Posts
Whit a relay and the Auxiliary output of the remote starter it could be possible. (I not talking blue link..)

The aux output drive the relay coil when you press the aux button on the remote, and then by putting the normally open contact of the relay to parralel of the button, so it's like you pressed it.

But I need to check the wiring under this button if its really like I think it is...

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
222 Posts
Just checked the wiring diagram and I think it would really work.

According to this, by bypassing wire 21 and 1 with the N.O. contact of the relay, it would activate. But it need a resistor in serial too, just need to find the value of it.

That would be on the big white connector of the AT assembly.

But maybe we can access directly the switch wires... gonna have to open this up tonight :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just checked the wiring diagram and I think it would really work.

According to this, by bypassing wire 21 and 1 with the N.O. contact of the relay, it would activate. But it need a resistor in serial too, just need to find the value of it.

That would be on the big white connector of the AT assembly.

But maybe we can access directly the switch wires... gonna have to open this up tonight :D

That will work, but be sure that it is not a latching relay...it needs to be one shot momentary.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That will work, but be sure that it is not a latching relay...it needs to be one shot momentary.
i was thinking the same thing, but was wondering if i could use the "open trunk" signal from my remote, as i do not think that would ever come in handy, and it is a momentary signal.

and further to daverp's comment "Btw. the stone wont work. If you press and hold the seat warmer button for 5 seconds or so it shuts off." i verified this with mine, it shuts off after less than 2 seconds of constant pressure.

·
22,788 Posts

So far, one constant comes to mind on this thread and it's this old adage: "There 's no such thing as a stupid question."

What did it take? About 24 hours for a variety of creative possibilities to be thrown out here in the unofficial "Think Tank?" You guys should be on retainer by Hyundai. Hmm...remote-activated seat warmers!!! Imagine the eye-popping power of this little feature in the hands of a good salesperson. Especially in cold temperature zones. :grin:

Hyundai engineers, are you reading these creative posts from your loyal owners and fans? :shades:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, but was wondering if i could use the "open trunk" signal from my remote, as i do not think that would ever come in handy, and it is a momentary signal.

and further to daverp's comment "Btw. the stone wont work. If you press and hold the seat warmer button for 5 seconds or so it shuts off." i verified this with mine, it shuts off after less than 2 seconds of constant pressure.
What is needed, is a time delay 1 shot relay. I have one at home, which I used to turn on the heated seats on my previous Jeep. When I get home, I'll post where to get it, and model number. Essentially, you want the N.O relay to fire one shot, after a delay of a few seconds, after the vehicle starts. Having it fire immediately after the car starts will be hit or miss, with regard to the seat controller recognizing the pulse, which is why the need for a short time delay.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts