Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sonata Limited Ultimate. Every single time my car turns on it defaults to Sirius XM and I know of no way to change this. I *do not* want Sirius XM and will never sign up. Is there a way to get rid of it from my infotainment or at least stop it from defaulting when I turn my car on? I want to blow my brains out starting my car and having to listen to 5 seconds of Sirius XM ads every single day. I have called Sirius they can't do anything and the dealership knows of nothing they can do either.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a 2015 Sonata Limited Ultimate. Every single time my car turns on it defaults to Sirius XM and I know of no way to change this. I *do not* want Sirius XM and will never sign up. Is there a way to get rid of it from my infotainment or at least stop it from defaulting when I turn my car on? I want to blow my brains out starting my car and having to listen to 5 seconds of Sirius XM ads every single day. I have called Sirius they can't do anything and the dealership knows of nothing they can do either.
Do you have the Apple Carplay and Android Auto update installed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the Apple Carplay and Android Auto update installed?
It works when I plug it into the USB. Is there a way it can work wirelessly? Or does this infotainment not support that? I usually don't do it because it doesn't charge my phone nearly as fast as the cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have the Sport 2.0T Ultimate, which is essentially the same from an infotainment standpoint. My radio has never defaulted to XM when starting, unless I had it on when I shut the engine off.

The only default behavior I've seen is starting the car with a USB stick inserted, it will jump over to that instead of whatever else I was using before.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hmm, I don't recall any settings to force it to start on one source every time.

Mine defaults to what ever source I had it on last whether it's regular radio or xm.

Mom has same car and she doesn't subscribe to xm and hers always starts up on her fm station she leaves it in as well.

And as of right now there is no wireless AA for our cars unless you install an aftermarket wireless compatible head unit. There are some hacks floating around that utilize a USB TV stick or old phone as the slave wifi Hotspot to connect the phone to the car wirelessly but those work arounds are a bit much of extra junk in the car at the moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem because I use BT exclusively so when the car (2015 Sonata Hybrid) starts, before BT connects, it reverts to (loud, shouting ads) XM. Also, when in reverse and the rear video is on it also cuts out BT and reverts to XM. I will never have XM (they actually offered me a free 6 months and I turned it down) so I'd like to skip the noise. I saw instructions for disabling it on the model radio that has the 6 present physical buttons underneath, but not for a touchscreen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My ‘15 Sonata Sport without nav defaults to FM if I don’t plug my iPhone into the USB port before I start the engine.

Maybe try putting it on radio before you disconnect Bluetooth, kill the engine, then restart?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well guys this wire will at least cut off the signal to xm stations, radio will state "check antenna", and it will skip and go to FM yahhhhh

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts