Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been brought up previously but wanted to see if any headway had been made into figuring out how to disable them, I know that you are supposed to have them on legally but I'm just not using the factory bulbs I'm installing bright white led straps inside the headlights housing once I take them apart to paint the inside. The led strip in each headlight will be the replacement for my actual dtrls, they'll be plenty noticeable I'm not putting a wee little strip on each on but not going crazy either I'll take pics when done then you'll know what I was up to & why I wanted the factory dtrls off. Also do you lose a lot of light from painting the housing inside covering the reflector piece's, if so I may not do that part any info would be great. Thanks

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Do not paint the reflector housing. Regarding your question not sure how to disable DRL, I like them.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,816 Posts
Some cars have a dedicated relay or fuse for the DRLs.

·
22,793 Posts
Couldn't you take the existing wiring for the DRL's and just wire your LED's to that? Seems simple enough making sure to observe proper polarity.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
The DRLs are usually the hi beams on a low pulsed voltage.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yep to what raspberry said. I just pulled the plug from behind the lights. Never use my brights anyway. I use my led eyebrow style lights as my DTRL'S which are hooked straight to my fuse box so if the car is on they are on.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
22,793 Posts
The DRLs are usually the hi beams on a low pulsed voltage.
You're absolutely correct. I had a senior moment. The entire time I'm reading DRL's and writing DRL's, I'm thinking "fog lamps." Sheesh!!!! Too many bumps on the head over the past years. Glad you helped me out on that one. I need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
The OP must not have a North American car either?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts