Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed that when I turn my key to the on position there is no oil light that lights up what could cause this and how would I fix it.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,724 Posts
A faulty oil pressure switch would seem like a good possibility.
You can easily test the warning light circuit by switching the ignition on, then disconnect the switch and touch the wire off the switch to the engine block. That should make the warning light illuminate. If it does then you know the switch is faulty. The switch is on the front of the engine just above and to the left of the crankshaft sensor, in the area where the red arrow is pointing to. The crankshaft sensor is the yellow part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A faulty oil pressure switch would seem like a good possibility.
You can easily test the warning light circuit by switching the ignition on, then disconnect the switch and touch the wire off the switch to the engine block. That should make the warning light illuminate. If it does then you know the switch is faulty. The switch is on the front of the engine just above and to the left of the crankshaft sensor, in the area where the red arrow is pointing to. The crankshaft sensor is the yellow part.
View attachment 444698
Thanks for the response does seem possible

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,724 Posts
The check light is only for faults with the emissions (the fuel injection, ignition & EVAP systems). Oil pressure has nothing to do with the emissions, so no check light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if the light in the cluster is bad would it be more cost effective to hook up after market digital gage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts