Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had posted a thread seeing if people would be interested in a down pipe and Intake for the sonata turbo..

well i went to a local performance shop IPS motorsports yesterday.. we looked over my sonata to see what we could come up with, and Jeff (the owner, and friend) is excited about getting some performance parts made for these cars..

my car will be the test bed for these parts.. (im excited!)

we will be pulling the downpipe to see if it has a cat in it (kinda looks like it, but wont know until its off) if it does, they will make a new high flow down pipe..

also they will be producing a mid pipe... gets rid of the cat and resonator and in its place will be a nice free flow pipe and high flow cat.

they also want to make a cat back exhaust for the car. i was kind of against it for the fact i dont want the car to be loud and annoying, but ill see what they come up with and go from there.. i may keep the stock cat back exhaust.

also ill be working with them in the design of a nice high flow intake/CAI.. get rid of that rubber intake hose and stock airbox.. im thinking a nice aluminum tubing with an open air filter and a heat shroud, still retaining the stock air scoop that pulls in fresh air from the grill area.

the big plus for me is.. i only have to pay for materials.... since all the testing and fitting will be done with my car, ill have the first production pieces, and they will sell there products after its finalized.

great thing is all parts will be dyno tested to see actual gains!

ill be sure to update this thread with progress, but i think the process will begin late december early january..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very nice!, Will they have an option of having Quad Tips? I know its early, i'm itching to hear the cat back :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds good. One word of caution. I cut the cats off of a BMW 328I. It's amazing an engine can run with the cats on it, made a big difference after their removal. However, got the duty "check engine" light and never got it out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw the before photos on the IPS website. Nothing new has been posted.
Any word on catback exhaust or the CAI?
I would love to see some photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts