Hyundai Forums banner

461 - 475 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just picked up a 2013 2.0t se shimmering white black interior nav and sunroof splash guards new floor mats and trunk mat
It is a cpo with 13,400 miles 4 new hankook tires new brakes all around new wipers new air and cabin filter the recall on the shifter was done new allignmnet and i had them set the steering to sport/high free oil changes and wheel protection for a year 54 months left on the bumper to bumper factory warrantty for 17,750 plus the useless doc fee of 399 18,149 out the door

I thought it was a great deal but you never know what you really should pay

love the car the see feels much tighter then the limted turbo i drove I would like to add the kia turbo rear sway bar and the the front strut bar and change the bushings with those rings more to read

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Meant to post this when I first joined the forums. Back in late Feb I got a closeout harbor grey 2014 Sonata Limited 2.0T w/o Nav and added all-weather floor mats. Sticker was 29,760 and I got it for 23,623 before taxes and such.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Holyoke, MA.
New Demo with 5K miles

2014 SE 2.0T w/premium package upgrade, carpeted floor mats and auto-dimming homelink review mirror.

Total Sticker $29,830
Paid 23,000

·
Registered
55 Posts
From Fort Wayne, Indiana but had to drive up to Dearborn, Michigan to see and purchase the car.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0 Turbo

Power Sliding Sunroof
Proximity Keys
Push Button Ignition Start
Digital Compass built into mirror with added garage door openers as well.
Dimension 6 disc CD in dash changer with larger than normal display.
Radiant Silver Exterior with Grey Leather seats
Power
Black carpet and black and chrome trim pieces throughout
only 41,230 verified miles!
Looks and smells like new!
18" Factory upgraded wheels with 4 brand new 7/32 tread Goodyear tires on them.
Thumbprint access chrome door handles
Bluetooth built in microphone and steering wheel controls for the phone
Dimension speaker package with built- in powered subwoofer
Iphone steering wheel controls and Cruise Control
Turn signal lights on both door mirrors
Heated Dual front seats
Heated Rear back seats
Fog lights
Automatic with 6 speed plus tiptronic manual shifting mode PLUS Shifting Paddles.
Super clean inside, even the floor mats looked new. Outside is perfect as well.

I bought it with all of the above, and only 41,000 miles. I met the guy in the Wal-Mart parking lot and did the exchange of the title and cash with my brother's help since he drove me up to see it. It was on Craigslist for exactly 3 minutes. I asked him to hold it and told him I was on my way.

I paid $7500 cash, no dealer fees or extra fees.

Since owning it for the last couple months, I had to replace the bluetooth microphone since it wasn't working and the dealer fixed 6 recalls including the check for a bad engine and I now am the proud owner of an orange dipstick.

Also, the Dimension 6 CD Radio is very nice factory radio with a large screen and HD Radio on top of XM/Sirius, and it includes 6 speakers and even a powered subwoofer. The car's stereo is so loud that I can only handle it to about 1/2 the volume, BUT it has great Treble and great midrange, but NO bass at all, even when set on the maximum of +10, so I took it to the local speaker shop and they installed a JL Audio 500W RMS/1000 watt Peak Amplifier along with a subwoofer box that has two 12" Memphis Audio Subwoofers in it. It works great with my factory stereo and the installer installed a cable that is mounted almost on the floor on the driver's side of the center console area up front by the gear shift but just a couple inches off the floor while still on the black carpet. It blends in perfect and is even hard to find but I can now adjust the amount of bass on the subs depending on the song the is being played.

All of the audio equipment I got from a previous car that I purchase that had it all in there and I took it out before selling it. I didn't pay anything therefore for the stereo. So, I have a very attractive car with all the bells and whistles with low miles and I paid $7500 for it. Now, wish me luck everyone because I'm giving it an oil change tomorrow. The dealer said that after the engine inspection recall, they added an orange stick and now the car takes more oil when doing oil changes but he didn't tell me how much total do I need to add? I bought Valvoline 5W-30 Fully Synthetic with the extended life 10,000 mile STP oil filter. As soon as the oil is changed, I'm off to drive from Indiana to Florida!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, I just put down a deposit to buy a 2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T with 3744 miles yesterday! Sale price is $19765, with tax and tags totaling a little over $21000.
In preparation of picking up the car on Tuesday, I've purchased a Garmin Nuvi 2789 to arrive that day. Also, I'm looking into possibly doing a few upgrades, though I'm not sure how easy or difficult they are yet. I'm probably going to want to upgrade the brakes, the speakers, and possibly the lighting inside to be more uniform.. possibly. I remember the brakes from test driving the 2016 VW GTI SE and they were really nice. The Sonata's stock brakes feel mushy in comparison.
I've tried out the speaker systems in the Nissan Altima 3.5 SV and the Infiniti G37x with the Bose systems, so I might want to at least slightly increase the quality of speakers.. I think the lighting was okay when I test drove at night, but I might want to make the blue/white lights the same if possible.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

·
Retired Staff
11,817 Posts
Hey everyone, I just put down a deposit to buy a 2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T with 3744 miles yesterday! Sale price is $19765, with tax and tags totaling a little over $21000.
In preparation of picking up the car on Tuesday, I've purchased a Garmin Nuvi 2789 to arrive that day. Also, I'm looking into possibly doing a few upgrades, though I'm not sure how easy or difficult they are yet. I'm probably going to want to upgrade the brakes, the speakers, and possibly the lighting inside to be more uniform.. possibly. I remember the brakes from test driving the 2016 VW GTI SE and they were really nice. The Sonata's stock brakes feel mushy in comparison.
I've tried out the speaker systems in the Nissan Altima 3.5 SV and the Infiniti G37x with the Bose systems, so I might want to at least slightly increase the quality of speakers.. I think the lighting was okay when I test drove at night, but I might want to make the blue/white lights the same if possible.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!
Welcome, when you have a moment please update your forum profile with your vehicle and location.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here in Las Vegas. I purchased a 2013 Sonata Limited Turbo White (the one with the pearl in it) about 5 months ago. I've been working on it quite a bit since I purchased the car.

Waste gate adjustment..
K & N cold air intake.
Aftermarket grille.
Emblems removed
Hyundai symbol plastidipped(sp) Black
Upper grill dipped black
Tinted windows
Aftermarket rear spoiler Black.

I am heading to the dealer Wednesday for the wandering steering issue...We will see how that goes..

This seems like the place to be for Hyundai info.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
New to the Forum just purchased a Silver 2017 Sonata Sport 2.0 Turbo from a dealership in Palmdale Ca. with the Hyundai March rebates as advertised on TV got it OTD price (car, tax and license) for $ 22,800 (sticker MSRP was $27,900) added the factory Hyundai 120,000 mile / 12 yr extended warranty for another $1,500 and I spent a total of $24,300 for a brand new 2017 Sport 2.0 t . This was the best deal and most car for the money that Ive ever purchased.

Only had it 5 days now but almost 700 miles on it and Im enjoying it more with each drive. Average MPG is 27.1 now and most of my driving is freeway at 65-80 mph.

Looking forward to reading through the forum and learning about my onata. This is my first Hyundai, past cars have been 2012 MBZ C250, Infiniti G 37s coupe, Infniti M 45 sedan, Ford Taurus SHO, other cars are my wifes 2007 H2, and 95 Wrangler for off road fun.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
New to forum(joining anyway, have been leeching knowledge for awhile). Picked up a '14 SE 2.0T Blue Indigo Pearl w/o nav. Had it almost 2-weeks but still haven't taken any pics...to busy. Added LED tail markers, stop lights, trunk, glove box, door courtesy lights(has factory LED dome and map lights already). Very happy with car. Steering is MUCH improved over my previous '12 GLS(had a stickiness to the steering and never would just go straight for long periods).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just purchased a 18 2.0T Limited. This is my fourth Hyundai. Second Sonata (First was a 11 GLS). Love this car. Just traded in a 17 WRX as the lack of comforts and tech that came with the car at the price range was too much to overlook for the added benefit of AWD and a manual transmission.

Anyways first question is my 18 2.0T still classed as a YF or this forum??? I'll have to get some photos up if so. The day it came home I added Weathertech mats and 17" Fox Sport black wheels with snow tires. I live in the nice cold midwest.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just purchased a 18 2.0T Limited. This is my fourth Hyundai. Second Sonata (First was a 11 GLS). Love this car. Just traded in a 17 WRX as the lack of comforts and tech that came with the car at the price range was too much to overlook for the added benefit of AWD and a manual transmission.

Anyways first question is my 18 2.0T still classed as a YF or this forum??? I'll have to get some photos up if so. The day it came home I added Weathertech mats and 17" Fox Sport black wheels with snow tires. I live in the nice cold midwest.
Your 2018 is actually an LF (2015-now) not a YF (2011-14) but it also still slots into the turbo forum since you have the 2.0T motor.

Congrats on the new sonata. Gotta love the extras and features for the price compared to the competition. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just purchased a 2018 new Sonata Limited 2.0t+. Window sticker was $33,389 with floor mats, wheel locks, mud guards and trunk cargo net which are the only options available on this model as everything else is standard.
Negotiated price of $27,332 plus tax, license and registration fees. I worked with 4 dealers over the internet and received best offers on cars in their stock. When I received the 4 offers I went to the lowest priced dealer and negated an additional $800 off their offer. Very pleased with the car/price and should point out that I did need to travel 110 miles to pick car up. I had dealers at 30 miles,60 miles, 110 miles and 190 miles from my home in Iowa City, IA. The bottom line here is--- YOU MAY NEED TO TRAVEL A FEW HOURS TO GET THE BEST DEAL!

PS---Bought car outright, no trade-in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
New member here and I just recently purchased my 2019 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T, black on black, with the following dealer installed features/options: carpeted floor mats ($125), cargo net ($50), cargo tray ($115), rear bumper protector ($70). A total of $360 added features. The MSRP window sticker was $33, 145. I ended up financing it through my bank for $28,080. This does not include taxes, registration, and plates, though. Location of purchase was Tulsa, OK.

Question: What is the difference between a Limited 2.0T and a Limited 2.0T+? If any.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nothing motor related in difference. Think its just features. Also welcome welcome i drive a 2019 limited 2.0T as well :)

461 - 475 of 475 Posts