Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a electronic boost gauge on their 2013 Santa Fe 2.0t? I would love to put one in but I want it to look factory. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Erhalt1

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am also looking for a boost gauge for our 2013 SFS Limited.

The new Scan Gauge II software has a boost function in it, but a dedicated Vacuum/Boost gauge is preferred.

Does anybody know how much boost the 2.0T produces? IE if it only produces 7-8 psi, then a 30 psi gauge will not move much.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I am also looking for a boost gauge for our 2013 SFS Limited.

The new Scan Gauge II software has a boost function in it, but a dedicated Vacuum/Boost gauge is preferred.

Does anybody know how much boost the 2.0T produces? IE if it only produces 7-8 psi, then a 30 psi gauge will not move much.
I believe the 2.0T gasoline produces 17 psi - the 2.2CRDi diesel gives 23 psi.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 2.0t does around 17 psi, I would like even just a led display tthat would give me a % of boost I am using!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks good! I want something more intergrated!

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you're not tweaking your engine or running it above factory spec that requires monitoring, what's the point? It's not like it's fun to watch it going from vacuum to boost as you hit the gas every time. Maybe a tiny use for gas savings but even then it's not really worth it. I've had it in a previous car and don't miss it at all. I'd rather they gave me something useful like a way to see individual tire pressure like my Acura had. Just showing when one is too low is not good enough IMO.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do agree with the tire pressure monitor

·
Registered
26 Posts
If anyone does install a boost gauge for the SF3, kindly post pics. I also wanted to install one in our SF3 (DM). We only have 2.2 evgt Diesel engines here in the Philippines.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Why not diesel in Canada?

If anyone does install a boost gauge for the SF3, kindly post pics. I also wanted to install one in our SF3 (DM). We only have 2.2 evgt Diesel engines here in the Philippines.
We can only wish that we had the diesel engines even available to us in Canada!

We would settle for a few less HP in exchange for the better low end torque and better fuel economy.

BTW. Our other car was a 2005 Jetta TDI that was unbeatable until the front end got torn off at an intersection.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We can only wish that we had the diesel engines even available to us in Canada!

We would settle for a few less HP in exchange for the better low end torque and better fuel economy.

BTW. Our other car was a 2005 Jetta TDI that was unbeatable until the front end got torn off at an intersection.
The torque is monstrous in my opinion, we had old diesel vans and it never felt like this before. Unbelievably it is also very quiet in the cabin. My Forester was more noisy inside than the Santa Fe diesel. Korean cars have come a long way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts