Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. Guys!......over the months to come there will be lots of info. posted on here about basic tuning; which really boils down to engine breathing improvements : often referred to as I.H.E. (intake, headers & exhaust).

Whilst these performance enhancements are easily (but not always inexpensively!) obtained, it is worth rememberlng that, at the same time, THE UPGRADING OF BRAKES & SUSPENSION IS VITALLY IMPORTANT!......I`m sure these necessary improvments will also be covered at length!.

Anyway; once you have fitted your CAI (cold air induction kit), installed that`killer`cat-back stainless steel straight-through exhaust & bolted-on your new headers, most of you will want MORE.....but probably won`t have the means, or knowledge, to go down the Forced Induction path, (meaning turbocharging or supercharging).

If that is the case & you are staying `normally-aspirated`, then this excellent site will fill you in on some of the Stage 2 upgrades possible on the Tiburon`s/Coupe`s.
I.E.
Underdrive Pulleys
Upgraded Clutches
Aluminium Flywheels.... (yes that`s how it should be spelled Yanks!). ;)
Here`s the link :-
My Webpage

Cheers for now,
Nick. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i would like to improve the cars zip, but would changing the leads to something

like magnacor make any worthwile gain and do the air intakes make a lot noise.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi & welcome!.

Davinci.........I thought engine modifications to increase power were illegal in Belgium!!.LOL :wink2:
Start by fitting a CAI & then a 56 mm. dia. mandrel-bent cat-back exhaust with a straight-through muffler.

Ken, most people do notice an improvement after fitting a set of 8mm. Magnecor Electrosport leads (wires Yanks!).......treat her to a new set of NGK copper V-Groove plugs at the same time.
You`ll get LOTS of tuning & D.I.Y. info. here :-
Click
CAI`s produce a healthy deep induction roar.........which is really only audible to the driver!.

Cheers,
Nick. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi , I am from Maldives and i'm having a 2000 tib, I am going to go for N/A mod, and i have got the following parts already today, and here are the items with price
Catback including cat converter, sound clip , dyno and silencer - US$720
BBTB 60mm - US$270
Air Ram Intake Manifold - US$800
4-2-1 Header - US$380
Ground Wire Kit - US$65
2-Piston Brake Kit - US$500
ECU Remapping- US$550
Gauges :
a)(Oil temperature gauge
B) Oil pressure gauge
c) Water temperature gauge
d) Volt meter gauge
e) RPM gauge
f) Fuel ration gauge
All gauges for - US$400
Gauge Pods ( pillar mount and dash mount triple pods )- US$40
Coilovers - ( T& P height adjustable )US$1050
pIROBALL MOUNTING USD 250.00
Head Cover gasket - US$25
Radiator Cap PIAA- US$25
All the items i have purchased from shark racing and can you please let me know what else i will require for N/A mod, i want fender flares, HID kit and i need some one to help me what i need additional ) please???

·
Registered
12 Posts
have a full port & polish done to the intake, head(s), exhaust man."if using factory issue manifolds, no work required on aftermarket headers.
255LPH petro pump, upgraded or larger fuel lines, adjustable regulator.

and if you are really into it, nice shinny aluminium suspension components,
crossmembers,engine accessory brackets,etc....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a spectre cold air intake on my 01 tib, question tho. I've seen aftermarket aem being one solid piece. I have a lot of wires and small hoses going to the original intake that I had to modify the new pipes, drilling holes to place them. Are any of these obsolete? Can be removed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts