Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.7 Stalls intermittently when coming to a stop. took it to the shop they could not find anything wrong after two days of messing with it. I surly will not take it to a dealer and get raped. Any ideas? i'm scared for my wife its her car and she is a heart patient.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, my girlfriend's car is doing something similar and I want to pick some of your brains to see what it could be? Her car will shutter at idle and while braking coming to a stop. The car will also struggle with loss of power from about 0-20 mph. After that, the car picks up and drives like normal. It has stalled out on me before, but I believe we corrected that problem by changing out the coil packs/plugs/ and wires.

Now, the car is pulling codes P0300, P0301/02/04/05.

So it leads me to believe that it could be the Throttle Position Sensor, Idle Control Actuator Sensor, or the Crankshaft Sensor.

Also, where is the Crankshaft Sensor located at? Is it underneath the car, below where the oil cap is on the block?
Her's is a 2.7 V6.

Any input would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.7 Stalls intermittently when coming to a stop. took it to the shop they could not find anything wrong after two days of messing with it. I surly will not take it to a dealer and get raped. Any ideas? i'm scared for my wife its her car and she is a heart patient.
Since you have the 2.7, you should just replace your CPS sensor if you haven't done it before. Stalling at stop signs is a classic symptom along with a jerk/stall at any speed. Don't pass go, just replace it. Located just behind your starter. Usually doesn't throw a code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I performed the CKP (Crank Position Sensor) change out this weekend and boy am I glad to have that one replaced. It literally crumbled in my hands as I was removing it from the engine block. So before I installed the new one I cut a fiberglass/foil sleeve the length of the sensor harness. I bolted the new sensor into the engine block. Then I slipped the fiberglass foil heat sleeve onto the harness and then plugged it into the vehicle's electrical harness. Here is a look at what I did and the old sensor. I would advise anyone who has ever had a mysterious vehicle shut down to look at this rather inexpensive sensor $40. There are no fancy tools to use just either a broad face Phillips head or a 10mm deep socket. I just highly advise you perform this repair after the engine has cooled down over night. You will have your arms all over the exhaust pipes and manifold.
Thank you for your images and description!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

Got a Tuscan 2006 4wd 2.0 crdi diesel just changed the cam shaft sensor but need to change the CRANKSHAFT sensor

Can someone please show me the location in the engine in pictures or video as searched the internet but cannot find location

Many thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,184 Posts
Got a Tuscan 2006 4wd 2.0 crdi diesel just changed the cam shaft sensor but need to change the CRANKSHAFT sensor.....as searched the internet but cannot find location
If you take the time to read this thread you'll find the info your looking for.

Here's a wee hint.....Post #14 :wink:

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,184 Posts
Below is the sensor location info taken directly from the Hyundai workshop manual. As you can see, it's the same image as attached to post 14.

Welcome to my world :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok thanks for that so it’s look like at the back of engine down the bottom so is it best to go from the top or the bottom of engine? Many thanks for the diagram

·
Registered
2 Posts
car turn over then shut off

I drove my car this morning but this afternoon I turn the key to start up and the car cut off and the check engine light is on. I have a 2004 Hyundai sonata. I check the gas cap and it was tight. Battery seems to be Ok. What else should I check before I have it towed in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it is a related issue. I cannot locate the camshaft position sensor on a 2006 Tucson, 6 cylinder (2.7L?).

No start, seems to crank or turn over but no combustion. Have spark, fuel, air. Checked fuel pump (working), has oil. Can see spark.

I've changed crankshaft position sensor.

If anyone has an image or workshop diagram, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everybody!
I have a 2013 Hyundai Tucson GLS (KM), 2.4 engine, and I have been experiencing engine shutdown for 3 days now. I took it to the mechanic and got the fuel pump replaced (as advised by the mechanic), but no fix.
Can you help me with any clue?
Thank you.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts