Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am potentially in the market for a new Tucson and wanted to see what it would look like lifted with some beefier mud-terrain tires and a roof rack (I know this would kinda ruin the panoramic roof :p) But maybe I'll build it one day.

Customizations
  • Dark gray
  • 2inch lift
  • Summit Offroad Dakar wheels
  • Nitto Mud-terrains
  • Roof rack + spare tire

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks cool, but what I'd be worried about is speed, as the 2.5 is adequate but not blazing.

I mention it as I drove a Crosstrek 2.0 once that a buddy put big mud tires on, and the already pretty slow Crosstrek became paaainfully slow, to the point I was like should I start unbolting seats and stuff to throw out the hatch to lighten the load? 🤣

What would look cool though and not be too heavy or loud on the highway are the quasi-offroad tires like the Hankook Dynapro AT2 on the smallest wheels that will clear the brakes. Otherwise, I'd just start with the lightest trim you can and add as few accessories as possible, as IMO the lightest and lowest CoG AWD versions tend to have the easiest time about it, since they are lugging less weight around and will feel less tipsy.

If not already invested, Subaru also just came out with a offroad version of their Outback that is lifted from the factory, would fulfill a similar mission too. Its called the "Wilderness Edition".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts