Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a dumb question to you guys, but I'm trying to find the source of something killing the battery in my sister's 2005 Tucson if it is not driven for more than a day. My own car, an 04 Tiburon, doesn't have the odometer stay on and neither did the Elantra I used to own.

So, is it normal? Or should it be off when the key is removed from the ignition? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (blau.gk27 @ Jul 16 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342259
This may seem like a dumb question to you guys, but I'm trying to find the source of something killing the battery in my sister's 2005 Tucson if it is not driven for more than a day. My own car, an 04 Tiburon, doesn't have the odometer stay on and neither did the Elantra I used to own.

So, is it normal? Or should it be off when the key is removed from the ignition? Thanks.

Do a parasitic draw test...

TSB a few yr back for one of the radio models going on the fritz and having high parasitic draw, thus discharging the battery... dealer should know about it, but you is likely beyond your 5/60 Basic Warranty...

Of course your OE battery is old enough that any minor draw will kill it quick too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts