Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anyone experienced synchromesh problems with the manual gearbox on the Tucson? I find when changing from 1st to 2nd or from 3rd to 2nd that occasionally you hear a grunt noise (not just when cold). This is very annoying!!!! :w00t:

I have taken it back to the garage and they can't replicate the problem (they say bring it back when it gets worse). It only does it very occasionally and I am driving ultra carefully when changing gear.

I also have trouble some times selecting 1st gear from stand still(even after double de-clutching) and also getting it out of 1st and in to neutral. It feels like clutch drag.

I am also experiencing a small clonking noise from OS front suspension of vehicle when I drive over a slightly bumpy road. This has only started recently. The Tucson is a diesel with around 2,500 miles on the clock.

These problems as well as the fuel economy issue!!!

Cheers
Lanky

:blownose:

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have just started to get the small clonking noise from OS front suspension when driving over a slightly bumpy road but we have not been back to the dealers yet

·
Registered
735 Posts
I did have a clonking noise when I first had my Tucson and the dealer found it was an exhaust bracket touching something, since he moved whatever it was its gone.
Possibly the rubber suspension type holders.
Regards
Geoff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quite old post though, but the fault might be the stabilisator arms connected to the swaybars. Very easy to change and some do this very often. Just an idea :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, Lanky, this post os now over 10 years old haha, but did you find the answer? I'm suffering similar issues with my 2004. Low clutch bite, spongy brakes and poor gear selection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem with gears, how did you fix it? do you know what was the problem? just to don't go totally blind to the mechanic. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts