Hyundai Forums banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (turbob @ Apr 14 2010, 06:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=313314
own2010 tuson 1000 mile trip city/highway ave 29.7 per im gal right off the lot not bad for first time out :right: :right:
Is it 2 WD? It must be, by getting that kind of milage.
By the way posters, please state if you have the V6, or 4cyl, std. or auto transmission, & 2WD, or 4WD, or it gets really confusing to anyone trying to compare, & keep track, thank you, Mike

P.S. Or, just put it in your signature, like I did.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE (ChrisWinstone @ Apr 7 2010, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=311012
Hi Itza

Phoned my local dealer. No mods have been done on my car at all. It's a 54 plate so I assume it would have needed some dealer work done??

'Look up some of the really early problems we had way back in 2004 when they came out and after about july 2005 these were sorted by Hyundai and mpg improved.'

I asked the dealer to quote, but soon found i didn't actually know what i'm supposed to ask for to get an accurate quote?

Was the mpg improvement mod just a computer update, or was there more involved? Should I just ask the dealer to give it a once over or am I asking for trouble - cost wise??

Cheers
Chris
It was just a computer download for the ecm and the improvements were seen across the whole series of vehicles.
When it goes in for its next servicr ask them to do a check to ensure you have the correct version download- If nothing has been downloaded since manufacture then it needs checking to ensure its ok.

Cheers
itza

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just installed a ScangaugeII in the 2005 Tucson 2.7 FWD and for the first time I had something in the car where I could measure fuel consumption over shorter distances without having to rely solely on on gas fill ups. I calibrated both the speed (was initially reading under) and the gas required at fill up (was initially reading over) and did a first long distance trip last night which had only freeway driving - i.e no "mix" factor to talk of. I set the cruise control at a GPS speed reading of 107 kpu (66 - 67mph), my wife turned the AC on a few times (she is in control of the cars inside temperature) and it ended up with 9.0l/100km (26mpUSg) No hyper mileage techniques, just let the cruise control do its thing whenever the traffic allowed me to.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ May 24 2010, 08:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325741
Just installed a ScangaugeII in the 2005 Tucson 2.7 FWD and for the first time I had something in the car where I could measure fuel consumption over shorter distances without having to rely solely on on gas fill ups. I calibrated both the speed (was initially reading under) and the gas required at fill up (was initially reading over) and did a first long distance trip last night which had only freeway driving - i.e no "mix" factor to talk of. I set the cruise control at a GPS speed reading of 107 kpu (66 - 67mph), my wife turned the AC on a few times (she is in control of the cars inside temperature) and it ended up with 9.0l/100km (26mpUSg) No hyper mileage techniques, just let the cruise control do its thing whenever the traffic allowed me to.
Now, that sounds Just Right! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (MikDee @ May 24 2010, 09:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325770
Now, that sounds Just Right! :thumbsup:
I just bought a 2006 Tucson 2.7 GL with 94000 kms and was reading all the reports scaring me into thinking
"high fuel consumption on this thing" so today we took a small road trip to the city with 148 miles round trip
with temps around -10 Celsius here in southern Manitoba after a night of snowfall of apprx 6". Mind you, the snow had stopped falling by the time we left and the highways were mostly clear from previous traffic with some snow covered sections. I thought this would be a true test of mpg on ugly conditions. we had a total of 120 miles of highway with the balance being city driving. I filled it up before we left and filled it up when we got back. I had averaged 26 miles per gallon or 9.3 liters per 100 Kms. I was pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also purchased a 2011 Tuscon AWD on Sep 2010. Now it runs for around 4500Km already, the trip computer and my calculation between refills both come to around 12L/100Km. It is not matching to Tuscon's specification of 10.1/7.1 L/100Km for City/Highway driving. I contact the dealer and also email to Tuscon Canada, both told me that I have to wait until after the break-in period (around 6000Km) before tracking for the fuel consumption. Does any 2011 Tuscon owner experience similar fuel consumption and does the fuel consumption improves after the break-in period?? Can we complain/claim Tuscon for delivering the vehicle not matching to it's specification???

Dohlau

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (dohlau @ Jan 23 2011, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=393777
I also purchased a 2011 Tuscon AWD on Sep 2010. Now it runs for around 4500Km already, the trip computer and my calculation between refills both come to around 12L/100Km. It is not matching to Tuscon's specification of 10.1/7.1 L/100Km for City/Highway driving. I contact the dealer and also email to Tuscon Canada, both told me that I have to wait until after the break-in period (around 6000Km) before tracking for the fuel consumption. Does any 2011 Tuscon owner experience similar fuel consumption and does the fuel consumption improves after the break-in period?? Can we complain/claim Tuscon for delivering the vehicle not matching to it's specification???

Dohlau

I have 2010 and my fuel consumtion was high (like yours) in the begining then around 10K it dropped to 10.1 city and 8.9L/100km.

Just wait liek they said and it will get better.

Fliehigh

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,
does anyone have any experience of the fuel consumption for tuscon. I just got my 2.7 l and it seems to be drinking gas. The trip computer says I get 18.1 L/100km.... which is way off the 10 l/100km in the hyundai brochure.
could this just be that it needs running in? I hope so as its way off even my old santa fe when it comes to fuel ecomony!

anyone else have similar experiences?
cheers
Neil
Hi,
I live in the south west part of Iceland. Winters are mild and summers are moderate. And yes I do have the same problem. I have a Tucson 2.7 l automatic and, I do get 18 L/100km. I measure consumption by filling the tank every time and, divide the Liters by km driven, this gives you the exact consumption. From day one fuel consumption has been a major problem. The dealer in Iceland tried everything from changing spark-plugs, the coils, the main computer, upgrading the software, all this to no avail. I have stopped trying, there seams to be no solution to this problem.
R/
Gummi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am in Abu Dhabi. What grade of engine oil do you use. I have noticed that with 10W40 ADNOC Pearl it gives slightly better than the normal 7 Km / Liter with the 20W50 BP Visco.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up a 2012 Tuscon GLS with 23 miles on it & showing 14mpg. I drove it home about 30+ miles away and I have the dash indicating 32.3. Im thrilled with this, its about 11mpg better then my Santa Fe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine is FWD

Is it 4 WD?
I filled it up yesterday and averaged 27.2 for that tank of gas. Ive gone about 40 miles so far on the 2nd tank and the display indicates just shy of 32 mpg. The car does well in spurts as long as I slightly modify my driving habits from before. But if you do any local driving or idleing, it brings it down pretty fast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive 2l 4cyl petrol 4WD. Best mileage was on my holiday trip, around 2000 kms with only 8.9 l/100 km, including speed test on an autobahn A93 fom Ga-Pa to Munich, doing some 170 Kph all the way (about 70 km) and a visit to the Kaunertal glacier - altitude 2 750 m above sea level:mellow: BUT what is really terrible, is FC during driving around the city, then it is some 14-15/100 km. When I drive on ordinary roads, doing some 100-110 kph, then average FC can be some 8.5 l/100 km. I mean, that he worst drive mode in terms od FC is town cycle. Highway, even at superb speeds is not so bad...

·
Registered
22 Posts
2008 Tucson GLS, auto tranny, 4 banger...mostly in town driving 22.5-23.5 mpg. Pet sitter doing lots of short trips, if I get on freeway its usually just a couple of miles. So little Tuccy works hard. Got over 25 when half the tank was consumed by freeway driving. So pretty good, but I am not a lead foot.
Also before selling my horse was often carrying couple hundred lbs of horse feed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuel Tucson 2.7

I have this Tucson (2005) now for a year it is a V6 2.7 autom gear and driving in the city is between 15-18ltr/100km, drive normal not above the 2000rpm. On the highway about 10-11ltr/100km driving between 100-130km/h = 60-80miles/hr. It is still a lot of fuel and it is also not make me happy. The fuel here in the NL is proberly the highest in the world now between €1,66 - €1,80 p/ltr, this is $2,24 - $2,43 p/ltr(1,35$€). For me I live near the German border and it is cheaper there. Our price for one liter is almost the same price in the US for a gallon 3,7ltr. For the fuel don't move to the NL it wil make you poor.
We are going with our caravan to Spain this summer and I don't now what this V6 is going to consum.
I have accepted the high fuel consum. This car gives me a lot of pleasure driving it with a low cost for maintenance.
Have a good drive.

Hans Hendriksen
Arnhem, NL

·
Registered
204 Posts
I also have a 2.7 V6 engine, had the car since new. I have
40,000 KMs right now. Just made a trip to Vancouver and the US.
330 KM with about 60KM city driving I got 29.2 Imp MPG one way
Coming home , less than 30KMs city driving I got 32.6 Imp MPG using 10% ethanol gas.
I do use fuel injector cleaner every 2-3 fillups.
I still have the original air filter in, I just take it out and vacuum it once a year.,rarely go on gravel roads.
Don

I have this Tucson (2005) now for a year it is a V6 2.7 autom gear and driving in the city is between 15-18ltr/100km, drive normal not above the 2000rpm. On the highway about 10-11ltr/100km driving between 100-130km/h = 60-80miles/hr. It is still a lot of fuel and it is also not make me happy. The fuel here in the NL is proberly the highest in the world now between €1,66 - €1,80 p/ltr, this is $2,24 - $2,43 p/ltr(1,35$€). For me I live near the German border and it is cheaper there. Our price for one liter is almost the same price in the US for a gallon 3,7ltr. For the fuel don't move to the NL it wil make you poor.
We are going with our caravan to Spain this summer and I don't now what this V6 is going to consum.
I have accepted the high fuel consum. This car gives me a lot of pleasure driving it with a low cost for maintenance.
Have a good drive.

Hans Hendriksen
Arnhem, NL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 2.7L 4WD about a year ago. We just downsized from two vehicles to one vehicle since one of them was sitting in the garage most of the week. We kept the Tucson. Though the mileage doesn't even come close to our previous 2003 Buick Century 3.1L, it is OK considering that it is an SUV with more drag on the vehicle because of how high it sits. In the past year the mileage has averaged as follows. NOTE: I usually keep my highway speed at 65 mph on a trip and 60 mph on the highways close to town. I will be doing more research on things to do to increase the mileage. I use Lucas gas treatment once monthly.

City/Combined: 21.5 - 24.0
Highway: 28 - 30

·
Registered
5 Posts
2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD. Have driven ~53,000 miles as of date.

City: 25 mpg
Highway: 32-34 mpg
(Highest I have seen was 38mpg, on a long road trip, a few months back)

I recently upgraded wheels to Michelin A/S3+, so will be watching how the mileage is (i'm told it will go down).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a suggestion but adding your fuel octane and type of oil or oil viscosity might help make sense of the differences.

Anyways driving most city in hilly areas I get about 23/24mpg avg.
Driving with a lead foot I get like 18mpg. But that's when I floor it gaining a 10 car lead at a stop light.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts