Hyundai Forums banner

281 - 300 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hi all

You see it PAYS TO COMPLAIN that way Hyundai fix problems- they will do nothing unless everyone tells them they have a problem- answer is do NOT take NO for an answer.

We did it in the UK and they have achieved it in Australia so come on the rest of you get things changed by complaining- Will the change of Diff help you in the USA and Canada?

Cheers
Itza

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

If the Tucson V6 2.7 FC is abnormal and making headache for everybody batter replace it by a 4 cylinder one that is it B)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another Couple of months on after the mod and my computer is now showing 11.2 l/100

If i calculate it out after filling up its between 11.0 and 11.2 usually so the computer is pretty accurate..

I would guess after another 10000 it might go down to 11.1

This is on standard unleaded

I did try a couple of tanks of premium unleaded .( not the highest octane one) and I calculated it got around 10.8 but the increase in price 5c ( 3.5%) wasnt giving me the increase in economy .. only 3% .. If fuel gets a bit more expensive and the price diff remains at 5c then it would be worth it to change over .

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Tuscon V6 has travelled 42,000 kms and according to my fuel log, consumption has improved slightly. Yes, the V6 is a thirsty engine around the city. Stopped at traffic lights it drinks fuel by the litre. The best you get is around 16 litres per 100 kms (sorry someone will have to convert that to MPG).
On the highway, expect 12.2 litres per 100 kms.
Consumption varies subject to wind conditions, load, tyres, etc. Best I've ever got was 11.7 and worst (on highway) was 12.8.
In every other way the vehicle is excellent for what I need - a city & outback vehicle for Australian conditions. I'm waiting for the diesel version. Hope they smarten up the interior as per the new Santa Fe.
Hyundai is doing a good job of improving its image but it will take years to overcome the 'cheap' syndrome. An Aussie TV comedy poked fun at the brand when the teenage son said "Mum, when I start work I wanna be effluent" Mother replies, "you already are, son, you've got a Hyundai". Ouch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good evening or morning or whatever time it is there in Stockholm....
I have a 2007 SE 2.7 2WD and get 26-27.5 on the highway back and forth to work. My trip is 65 miles round trip. I run synthetic and drive 65 mph...I am extremely pleased with the mpg and the newer 2.7 seems to run at 10% less rpms than did the 2005 2.7. This I attribute to the CVV design that is supposed in the newer engine. Anyway they did something different.

I had a 2005 Tucson AWD 2.7 and never got above 23.5.....I believe the AWD system was not distributing the wheel force properly as stated. I truly believe it was malfunctioning but dealer never could come up with a way to properly investigate.

I am a big Hockey fan and say GO SWEDES! Holmstrom, Lidstrom, etc. Take care and God bless!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2005 Fwd 2.0 Tucson with 21,000 Miles on It Has Been Averaging 20/23 mpg 90/10 City/Highway In the Warm weather Using 5w30 Oil.

Now Using 5w20 oil & It averages 19/21 mpg 90/10 city/highway in Cold Weather Here In Ct.

Hoping It Does Better In The Spring/summer With the 5w20 In It When The Weather Warms Up around Here

·
Registered
11 Posts
2005 Tucson 2.0 FWD With A Little Over 23,000 Miles on It
5-20 oil Change recently & weather Here In Ct getting warmer
Gassed Up Yesterday & Got 22.96 MPG 90/10 City/Highway

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a mid 2006 2.7 AWD Tucson and in the country at 110/120 KMH we get 10L per 100 K's, our only gripe is that the tank is only 65 Litres so the 650k range is somewhat limited for us. It's not much worse around town and the low gearing makes it a real city stormer. Ours is the base model with no fuel computer but we use our GPS to work out consumption and range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined this forum beacuse I have precisely the same problem with fuel consumption.

I drive a 2L model and lately I only have been doing urban driving and the car is drinking petrol like nobody's business. For my last tank of petrol, the light came on after 320 km and with the current tank I am using a new Shell petrol called FuelSaver and I am only 1 line from half tank on the guage and I haven't even done 120km yet. When I say urban driving I am referring to driving around where my house is and there is absolutely no traffic jams at all. This is getting ridiculous !

To add, my car had just been serviced fairly recently as well. Are any you having similar problems ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (sleepless105 @ Apr 14 2007, 08:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=83073
My Tucson GLS 4X4 got an average of around 5.5 to 6 kms / litre driving in Greater Toronto Area. I have verified the distance by topping up the tank, measure the distance travelled for a couple of weeks, and topping it up again. It only got around 2100 kms in its odometer.

It consumes gas like bigger 4X4 SUVs. It's a very surprising figure for a 2.7 litre engine. I believe that one post mentioned about the vehicle "loosing up" once it got some mileage already. Anyone have this experience? :beer:
I just posted myself. I guess it must be true. I drive a 2L model and like you I calculate the consumption myself. Put it this way, for my last tank, the light came on at 320km. This is urban driving, meaning driving around my house but with no traffic. In other words, my car is doing only 6ish km/L. This is extremely worrying !! On my current tank, I am using a new Shell petrol called Shell FuelSaver and I am only 1 line from half tank on my guage now and I haven't even done 120km yet !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (neil oconnor @ Feb 16 2005, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6956
hi,
yes I have tried driving as careful as possible, being as light on the pedal as one could be. but it made no difference at all. People here with there 3llitre sabbs and 7 series bmws get much better mileage. They laugh when they hear what I get, they think I am joking!
The papers here reviewed it (after I bought it) and rated the tucson very highly but asked if there was a hole in the fuel tank. Hyundai sweden said they would investigate it and came back saying they tested the car and managed 10l/100km on it. They compared it to the 3.5L V8 volvo xc90, which did 13.5 in the test vs the 14 the tucson did! They were quite amazed!.

Its very strange how the tucsons down under get much better mileage... do the ones down there have the automatic geat box too?

Someone parked a tucson right next to mine at teh supermarket the other day so I waited till he came out. He had 10000km on the clock and said his now does about 12-13l regardless of motorway driving or city driving. He said at the start he was filling up the tank all the time though but he never remembered it being as bad as what I get!.

Judging by what everyone else is reporting I still seem to be guzzling the most! Even the dealer thought it was high, despite feeding me the usual crap that you cant go by what the brochure says as its ideal conditions they measure it on. My answer was that the santa fe brochure said 9.8 mixed and for that I got 500-600km. The tucson said 10l/100km mixed and for that I get 270-310km and asked him to do the maths. But he is quite ok about it and at least tries to contact hyundai, who first said they were investigating the problem, and a month later came back saying I had not enough km on the clock to tell!

I was really **** off before, now Im just praying if enough of us keep pushing them they might actually do something...
If it is any consolation, you are not the only one ! My petrol light came on after 320km for my last tank !! I have already done 55k km in my car and instead of getting better like what most people are saying here it is in fact getting worse. Now on the current tank I am using Shell's new petrol called FuelSaver over here in HK. I am already almost half tank and I have only done 125 km !! Can you believe that ?!! I would be lucky to get 150 km by the time the guage reads half tank.

Like you, I had also tried to be lighter on the pedal, no major difference at all. I will call up the dealer to complain. Even for urban + spirited driving it shouldn't be that bad for a 2 litre car. The dealer told me mixed driving should average about 12L/100km, but the rate things are going I am approaching 17L/100km. My friend even told me that his BMW M3 drinks less. Now that's really taking the **** !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just took A Trip To Maine The Other Day. 2005 Tucson 4cyl FWD

On The Way Up, 25.7 mpg
On The Way Back, 30.00 Mpg

Usually It Gets 20/22 mpg Around The City

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a little premature to be sounding off on this topic because I haven't used a full tank yet on my 2010 Tucson. I am getting worried though because my on-board computer says I am only getting 22.4 MPG. I bought this car because Hyundai said it's new engine is better than ever on fuel mileage. (sucker)

The window sticker stated 23 city / 31 highway, and directly under that it said most users will realize 37 MPG highway. I have a feeling that is not going to happen, especially on this first tank full.

Lucky me, I traded in a '03 Elantra that was getting 32 MPG no matter city or highway. It was a 4 cyl manual shift. I forget the litres.

I still love my new car though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I've just purchased a 54 plate (Uk spec) Tucson 2.0 CDX (Petrol) model with manual 5 speed box. I'm shocked at the fuel consumption of this car over the last week or so buying it. I can't get any more than around 22-25mpg (sorry don't know it litres??). It's only done 30k and hasn't been altered in anyway.
I wondering what i would expect from a 2.0 petrol Tucson with a mild mannered driving on a 60 mile A road run.

Thanks

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE (ChrisWinstone @ Apr 4 2010, 03:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=310038
Hi. I've just purchased a 54 plate (Uk spec) Tucson 2.0 CDX (Petrol) model with manual 5 speed box. I'm shocked at the fuel consumption of this car over the last week or so buying it. I can't get any more than around 22-25mpg (sorry don't know it litres??). It's only done 30k and hasn't been altered in anyway.
I wondering what i would expect from a 2.0 petrol Tucson with a mild mannered driving on a 60 mile A road run.

Thanks
You should get around 35 mpg- Suggest you clear the computer memory and then drive the way you like and the computer will learn how you drive and if you take it steady as you progress through the gears it should be better than you have achieved - also check mpg by filling tank to brim then doing the mileage and refil and then do the calculations as some Tucsons did not have the on board computer modification done and thus they read in US gallons so if yo still have one of these then multiply your figures by 1.2 to get UK gallonage 25x 1.2 equals 30mpg.
Look up some of the really early problems we had way back in 2004 when they came out and after about july 2005 these were sorted by Hyundai and mpg improved.
Other than this as its now out of warranty you could look at a gas conversion as gas is a lot cheaper.
I think if you look up how to clear the memory and reset you will find improvements and look to see if the modification was tdone- a phone call to Hyundai Technical Services will sort this as they have a list of the vehicles that were modified- some owners were not on the internet and did not obtain the information ref US computer in UK supplied vehicles.

itza also on hyundaiownersclub.co.uk

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (itza @ Apr 4 2010, 05:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=310057
You should get around 35 mpg- Suggest you clear the computer memory and then drive the way you like and the computer will learn how you drive and if you take it steady as you progress through the gears it should be better than you have achieved - also check mpg by filling tank to brim then doing the mileage and refil and then do the calculations as some Tucsons did not have the on board computer modification done and thus they read in US gallons so if yo still have one of these then multiply your figures by 1.2 to get UK gallonage 25x 1.2 equals 30mpg.
Look up some of the really early problems we had way back in 2004 when they came out and after about july 2005 these were sorted by Hyundai and mpg improved.
Other than this as its now out of warranty you could look at a gas conversion as gas is a lot cheaper.
I think if you look up how to clear the memory and reset you will find improvements and look to see if the modification was tdone- a phone call to Hyundai Technical Services will sort this as they have a list of the vehicles that were modified- some owners were not on the internet and did not obtain the information ref US computer in UK supplied vehicles.

itza also on hyundaiownersclub.co.uk
Thanks will defo clear the memory and try the fill-her-up technique next week. I was wondering how to tell if my model was the imperial trip (US) or not?

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE (ChrisWinstone @ Apr 4 2010, 07:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=310090
Thanks will defo clear the memory and try the fill-her-up technique next week. I was wondering how to tell if my model was the imperial trip (US) or not?

Quick phone call to Hyundai Technical at High Wycombe as they have a full list of those done.
Failing that have a look on your service book to see if there was a notation made by the dealer or do the checks ie brim to brim then work out what you did and then look at trip computer if it looks low multiply x 1.2 and if that is near what your brim to brim worked out at then you have the us version.

Anyone using diesel should try out a power box (see my report on these and the offer I know still holds good) it increases power and torque and also ups the mpg a little bit.

Cheers

itza

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Itza

Phoned my local dealer. No mods have been done on my car at all. It's a 54 plate so I assume it would have needed some dealer work done??

'Look up some of the really early problems we had way back in 2004 when they came out and after about july 2005 these were sorted by Hyundai and mpg improved.'

I asked the dealer to quote, but soon found i didn't actually know what i'm supposed to ask for to get an accurate quote?

Was the mpg improvement mod just a computer update, or was there more involved? Should I just ask the dealer to give it a once over or am I asking for trouble - cost wise??

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
own2010 tuson 1000 mile trip city/highway ave 29.7 per im gal right off the lot not bad for first time out :right: :right:

281 - 300 of 320 Posts