Hyundai Forums banner

341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Norman

I'm not sure how the 2007 Tucson's engine differ from the 2011 ix35 (Tucson) 4X4 A/T 2.0 CRDi, but according to records kept since new my vehicle's consumption after 29,463 Km is 13.328 Km/l (7.503 l/100 Km).

This includes towing a 6ft trailer now and then, trips down to Sedgefield and Jeffrey's Bay.
Most driving is around the Highveld Area.

I have found, however, that the ix35 A/T doesn't like pottering around at low speeds in Game Reserves, etc. There is usually a marked increase in consumption on these trips.
Speed on the highway is always just above the speed limit, whether fully laden or not....
With 130 Kw and 392 Nm torque the ix never complains about any sized hill that you throw at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys.
My partner and I just purchased a 2008 Tucson 2.0 (KMHKJN) CRDi Elite and are averaging 850km (515 miles) per 58L tank combined driving(Including my lead foot). BRILLIANT for a >1800kg vehicle. NZ road speed limit is 100kmh though so less drag and less power required to hold it at that speed.
Fuel computer says 6.5-7.5L/100km normaly. Off the scale if I thrash it from filling up the tank. Press and hold trip button to reset fuel or km's to go calculation.
I completely ignore the km's to go readout as it's only right at just under half a tank for about 2k's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only had my 2004 Tucson CRDi 4x4 for about 2 months. Initially thru town and 60 roads i get 30 mpg. However, last week I got 20mpg!

Tunr out my EGR is on the fritz and the right rear handbrake cable is siezed. mpg has improved since i sorted these to around 30mpg avg.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ginge
My New CRTD also low consumption so I had a go at the dealer who told me that the CRD takes a few tankfulls before it starts stretching the miles between gallons. I sure hope it happens soon as diesel prices are not as low as unleaded now and there is no benefit at all, just extra taxation although I am finding everything else AOK.
What about you?
Had the same answer from my dealer, getting 35mpg from my 2016 1.7D tuscon which has now past 1000 miles. But used to get 40mpg from my 2012 i35 !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

This is my first post to this forum and I apologize if this subject has been covered already!

I have 2016 Tuscan 2.0L AWD (automatic) and I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I purchased this vehicle 4 months ago.

I get the worst MPG ever....averaging 13.5 mpg. I have been taking this avg each week for the past 8 weeks. I drive very conservatively, so it is not my driving.

I did notice that the vehicle seems to struggle getting up to speed and when I let off the accelerator it feels like there is a lot of resistance before coming to a stop.

Deal says there is nothing wrong because there is no warning lights present.

Please let me know if you are getting this type of mileage or do you think there is something wrong with my vehicle.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I am getting about 40 mpg from my 2016 2.0 crtd (134) Premium SE AWD auto in the UK and it has steadily improved as I have done more miles (just under 2000 at the moment). I had not thought about US gals so I will switch measurement unit to litres when I do a run tomorrow.
I am convinced that adding Millers to the fuel does help economy and helps keep the engine burn cleaner (I buy it by the 5l can from ebay). The only other thing that I tried in the past (on my ix35) was to use a lifetime filter and got a letter from Hyundai UK to say that was ok and did not invalidate warranty.
Tip of the day - fill up early in the morning. Fuel is sold by volume not density so you get slightly more bang for your buck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I part exchanged my 12 plate ix35 2.0crdi manual awd for a new 66 plate tucson Premium SE 2.0 (136) crdi auto awd and have now owned it for 18months.
In the on board computer in the tucson you can switch between imp and us gal.
So far, to my pleasant surprise, the Tucson is giving better mpg than the ix35 did.
On a steady A road journey over a four hour period I get 44mpg according to the computer and this is supported by fuel fill ups. I do use Millers to boost the cetane
(I buy it in 5 litre tins - much cheaper). On shorter journeys 35-38 mpg is normal.

I conclude that Hyundai (and KIA) make reliable but not particulary frugal engines. I just bought my son a 1.25 petrol Picanto (lovely little car) but woeful mpg.

Overall I remain very happy with my Hyundai Tucson. I do not do high annual mileage so fuel is not a big factor in my running costs. Friends own BMW X3 which do give better mpg
but I wouldn't pay those prices for a similar car with shorter warranty.

·
Registered
129 Posts
those are pretty impressive figures..
40mpg for a big awd car is brilliant.. were getting close to your figures on winter tyres and with the 184 hp diesel..my 2010 petrol berlingo only ever managed 28mpg.

341 - 353 of 353 Posts