Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, guys. Probably last chance to understand my Tucson, 2005, 2.0 Diesel, 83.5 kw.

Some months ago I had a problem to start my Tucson. I could drive, but after while I couldn't start it again. Starter worked fine - tried to turn on, but doesn't start. When I was waited about a hour than a car started fine again and I could drive as usually. After while again and again started the same problem. In the auto workshop after diagnostics we got an error code p0340 - ok, we changed camshaft sensor and deleted all errors, but after while problem continued.

Later I read in some forums that probably problem could be with timing belt, also people were talking about fuel filter - changed both and car was working fine for a while with 0 problems.

Now problem started different but with similar ending.. unfortunately. I had started a car, but stopped after ~10 minutes in neutral position. After that I just started it again and drove where I needed. Next time I was started car with no problems, but it stopped for first in neutral position, after that also when I was driving after 1 minute interval, and so many times. In the panel I got symbol of check engine in orange color. Starter was working fine! With this problem I got one more observation - does not appear glow candle spiral symbol. Later I tried to start a car in home and it doesn't starts - also battery looked empty. Ok, no problem - I started charging the battery. Charged it for more than 30 hours, but doesn't finish that for full charge because it seems like some other problem also with charging - amps didn't change, but charger continued to operate with no change. I removed the wires from battery charger and tried to start a car. Seems that no problems with battery, BUT car doesn't start up again like I was written in this topic about error code p0340. Very sad.

So I don't understand what I could do, because in nearby cities there aren't people with knowledge about Hyundai cars in overall.

Thanks a lot if u read this and try to help me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by lost in drive?
Just looked at my car parts but don't understand where to find camshaft sensor. Pictures from internet tutorials are different.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Scan ECU again for codes.
Symptoms resembles a failing crank position sensor when hot.
Would need further testing to verify.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I also can scan my 2005 year Tucson with phone app at home? Didn't know about that solution. Anyway car is in another car service where guys are telling that they can't read an error codes, problem must be somwhere in wires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crank sensor may not log a fault. I suggest because of the low cost replace it.
ok, we will try to replace crank sensor and look what will happen.

also I wanted to know best android free apps for car diagnostics .. ?
+ if my car doesn't starts - would app and car can make connect?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,388 Posts
guys are telling that they can't read an error codes
I just want to clarify the meaning of this sentence...does that mean that they are able to read codes but there are no codes logged, or does it mean their tool was unable to communicate with the engine ECU so they can't read codes, live data or anything else from the ECU? One scenario isn't helpful to diagnosing the problem but the other is very helpful, so we need to have a clear understanding about what you mean.

KORIJS said:
I wanted to know best android free apps for car diagnostics .. ?
If you have an Android phone the Torque app is very popular with folk on the forum. Sorry, I don't know what folk with IOS phones use.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I just want to clarify the meaning of this sentence...does that mean that they are able to read codes but there are no codes logged, or does it mean their tool was unable to communicate with the engine ECU so they can't read codes, live data or anything else from the ECU? One scenario isn't helpful to diagnosing the problem but the other is very helpful, so we need to have a clear understanding about what you mean.

If you have an Android phone the Torque app is very popular with folk on the forum. Sorry, I don't know what folk with IOS phones use.
Maybe sometimes one can understand English and sometimes one has trouble???
I thought he meant that there were no trouble codes to read.
Otherwise he would have said that they could not talk with the ECU.
Maybe, I am just having trouble understanding??

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Maybe sometimes one can understand English and sometimes one has trouble???
No, I can understand English all the time. It's just something that comes naturally to us Brits.
And I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :D

avisitor said:
I thought he meant that there were no trouble codes to read.
Maybe that is what he meant. But that is not what he said, which is why I'm asking for clarification.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, chill. I will ask auto service what did they mean with that "can't read". Also they ordered camshaft sensor, so i'm waiting for news.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
No, I can understand English all the time. It's just something that comes naturally to us Brits.
And I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :D
You are a number. Each person who pays taxes has a number.
Each person who went to school is a number.
Each person who has a bank account uses his tax number to get an account number.
You are a number. Free man?? Who are you kidding???

Maybe that is what he meant. But that is not what he said, which is why I'm asking for clarification.
Yeah, so you don't know America English. I mean being a Brit and all ... hahaha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So news from car service still are not good- they changed camshaft sensor but car doesn't start. About question releated to error codes- they said that they can't connect to car for reading any codes. With previous Hyundai cars they haven't got problems. Sad

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
About question releated to error codes- they said that they can't connect to car for reading any codes. With previous Hyundai cars they haven't got problems. Sad
Well, I'm happy about this. Not only does it confirm that I understand English perfectly well, but it also gives us a clue about why the engine probably isn't starting.

When you have a non start and the scan tool isn't able to communicate with the engine PCM, that is usually caused by an ECU power supply issue. The first step to confirming that is to switch the ignition on then use a voltmeter to check for voltage on the SNSR & INJ fuses on the engine bay fusebox...see below. Both fuses should show 12V. If not that usually means the MAIN (engine control) relay isn't being switched on. If the MAIN relay isn't working there will be no power being sent to the ECU, fuel pump and engine sensors.

We've had a few folk post to the forum with this issue in the past and the fault has been traced to corrosion inside the engine bay fusebox. There are a few tests you can do to confirm that is where the problem lies, or you can just open it up and take a look inside. If you confirm a MAIN relay problem, hopefully THIS THREAD will save me a lot of additional typing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts