Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think? Has anyone installed one on their Tucson? Have anyone found one cheaper than $500.00.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I don't know Joey, I think it kinda ruins the mojo for me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was just rolling it over in my head. Being in NY we are more prone to have people bumping the bumpers of your car. I installed a hitch in the rear with a step, that would protect the rear and I thought that this will be good protection for the front. But it's a bit tacky. idk I'll have to give it more thought. Thanks

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I installed the Bull Bar. I am happy with the way it looks and I no longer need to worry about people bumping my front bumper.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Aug 21 2010, 10:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350852
Well I installed the Bull Bar. I am happy with the way it looks and I no longer need to worry about people bumping my front bumper.
I don't know, Joeeey. In one way, it seems a bit much, but on the other hand, it looks kind of cool. If I were driving in an urban environment (as you are), I would probably do the same thing just to make your car seem a little more to be wary of. Heck, I might even get the full 'roo bar from Australia, if you know what I mean!

How much did you end up paying, and did you put it on yourself?

tim B)

PS- Now you need to change your avatar pic!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (TimmyB @ Aug 21 2010, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350949
I don't know, Joeeey. In one way, it seems a bit much, but on the other hand, it looks kind of cool. If I were driving in an urban environment (as you are), I would probably do the same thing just to make your car seem a little more to be wary of. Heck, I might even get the full 'roo bar from Australia, if you know what I mean!

How much did you end up paying, and did you put it on yourself?

tim B)

PS- Now you need to change your avatar pic!
It is a Romik bar. The best price I could find was from JC Whitney. I cost me about 460.00 shipped. I installed it my self. It took about 1/2 hour. No modifications needed. It fit on to the factory holes. So if I ever want to remove it there would be no trace of it being installed. Yeah I am going to have create a new avatar pic. I will wait until I can take a photo with a nice background.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love it! I've been contemplating the same thing and am glad I saw your post. I just picked up my 2011 on Thursday. One of my few hesitations on purchasing the car was the fiberglass front grill, so the bull bar makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1) Where did you get the bull bar

2) I'm actually more interested in the side stepping thingy (sorry, new to SUV/Truck world) underneath the doors

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Oct 12 2010, 11:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363006

2) I'm actually more interested in the side stepping thingy (sorry, new to SUV/Truck world) underneath the doors
I am too interested in the side steps.
I go snowboard every week during the winter, side steps can definitely help me putting board onto the rack without making my cargo dirty.
And they are handle when I wash my car (it's kinda tall... for me... I am only 5'9").
I am having a hard time to find the side steps/nerf bars.
on ebay, nothing fit except there's a Korean seller selling the OEM ones for 270 + 290 shipping...

some other website have aftermarket's for 300&up... I just wonder which can definitely fit and how much will it cost to put them on my car...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Oct 12 2010, 02:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363006

I purchased it from jcwhitney. I found a sale online that offered free shipping & 20% off. Romik was the only company that made this item for the 2010 Tucson/ix35. I am very happy with the look of it, the only problem it makes it a bit harder to wash the area behind it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Oct 13 2010, 02:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363145
I purchased it from jcwhitney. I found a sale online that offered free shipping & 20% off. Romik was the only company that made this item for the 2010 Tucson/ix35. I am very happy with the look of it, the only problem it makes it a bit harder to wash the area behind it.
Thanks, I found the nerf-bar (I guess that's what they're called) part number from Romik too on the same website.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts