Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, l need help from Tucson Turbo owners buy Tucson 1.6 T-Gdi 7 dual clatch or 1.6 Gdi 6 speed without turbo?
And what’s the problems in Tucson transmission 7speed dual clutch ?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Many don't care for the way a DCT functions. I personally love it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I believe the 1.6L or DCT will no longer be offered for 2016. Only options available are 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter naturally aspirated engines, with six speed transmission. There is discussion about a Tucson N Edition with 2.0 271-hp 4 cylinder in development. Unsure of transmission options.

·
Registered
936 Posts
It also depends on what country you reside in. Only in N. America will the 1.6t/7speed DCT not be offered for 2019. I’m happy with mine and will continue to enjoy the better torque and fuel economy it delivers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
In North America will be no longer to have 1.6 turbocharger with DCT. Only 2.0L or 2.4L but there are coming up with Hyundai Tucson N with 2.4 turbocharger but not sure if will be release to North America.

Other Country 1.6 turbocharger with DCT or manual will live going on.

That's because North American complaining about the way with DCT, this article maybe help you understand why people don't like it. For me, I like turbocharger with DCT make feel different characteristics in Tucson. Therefore seem most in North American drive automatic not manual so probably that's why they don't have experience with it. I do understand how does work.

Pros And Cons Of A Dual-Clutch Transmission -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts