Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have read all the forums related to finding a wire of dome light.
I want to install door sill to both driver and passenger seat but cant find any wire that is dome wire

I think most of american models are different than australian model
Can anyone please help out

Its active x

·
Registered
12,112 Posts
I think most of american models are different than australian model
Australian models will be like our cars in the UK. They are RHD, so built like a mirror image of a LHD car from the US, or most other countries.

The dome light wiring can usually be found behind one of the 'A' pillar trims to the side of the windscreen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Auto spark

i have pulled out the A pillar but there are no wires as other forums says, its only one black wire going in fuse box - see attached

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
HI Auto spark

i have pulled out the A pillar but there are no wires as other forums says, its only one black wire going in fuse box - see attached
You know if you're going to put an image like that up, having it oriented the same way as the car would appear is helpful. That's the driver side and the antenna run to the rear of the vehicle. So power will be on the other side to the headlining harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys

yes the wires are on other side. Brown & green
I also have attached the finished project picture, have decided to go with puddle lights. does fading and everything - looks great

again - much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
looks like you'll need a new panel clip. I find those blue ones snap all the time on my i30 everytime I have to pull a door trim off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like you'll need a new panel clip. I find those blue ones snap all the time on my i30 everytime I have to pull a door trim off.
Correct, the right side went alright but the left side did break, i dont know if they have sizes or just universel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts