Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a Hyundai tucson 2013 GL left hand drive. Of lately my AC has been blowing warm air, sometimes first starting of cold and then getting warm.

From the forum I understand that it may need a thermistor replacement. However some point to its location on the drivers side under the hood and others to the front pasenger side behind the glove box. I think the evaporator is behind my glove box, but not sure what this part should look like.

Can someone help me please, thanks and if possible show me a pic.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hi,

I own a Hyundai tucson 2013 GL left hand drive. Of lately my AC has been blowing warm air, sometimes first starting of cold and then getting warm.

From the forum I understand that it may need a thermistor replacement. However some point to its location on the drivers side under the hood and others to the front pasenger side behind the glove box. I think the evaporator is behind my glove box, but not sure what this part should look like.

Can someone help me please, thanks and if possible show me a pic.

Thanks again.
Evaporator Sensor info attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Evaporator Sensor info attached.
I am hoping someone could help with a follow-up to this post above. I am the owner of a 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS (US-market). Like others, I'm having an issue with intermittent AC function that the dealer cannot diagnose. Seems like the consensus is that the thermistor is bad. This is where my confusion begins.

I just bought one (P/N: 97143-1M000), which looks in pictures like a plastic antenna (temp sensor) with a connector molded into one of the ends to attach to the evaporator. Looking at pic and PDF above, it looks like what needs to be replaced is quite different, as it looks to be a connector with at least one wire running into a wiring loom--no hard plastic "antenna". Can anyone help this newb out? Did I buy the wrong part?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I am hoping someone could help with a follow-up to this post above. I am the owner of a 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS (US-market). Like others, I'm having an issue with intermittent AC function that the dealer cannot diagnose. Seems like the consensus is that the thermistor is bad. This is where my confusion begins.

I just bought one (P/N: 97143-1M000), which looks in pictures like a plastic antenna (temp sensor) with a connector molded into one of the ends to attach to the evaporator. Looking at pic and PDF above, it looks like what needs to be replaced is quite different, as it looks to be a connector with at least one wire running into a wiring loom--no hard plastic "antenna". Can anyone help this newb out? Did I buy the wrong part?
The sensor shown in the picture marked as "M03 Evaporator Sensor" with the harness disconnected, the sensor shown in the PDF step 7 with the harness connected, to disconnect the harness from the sensor, just depress the tab on the connector and pull the connector off, hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The sensor shown in the picture marked as "M03 Evaporator Sensor" with the harness disconnected, the sensor shown in the PDF step 7 with the harness connected, to disconnect the harness from the sensor, just depress the tab on the connector and pull the connector off, hope this helps.
I spent a lot of time after posting my comment researching the location of the sensor and eventually realized it was what the harness attached to inside the kick panel. So I went back out and removed removed the sensor just to see it. As you can see from the cars in my profile on the right, I'm used to things being much more complicated---needlessly so. Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply. I should get the sensor at some point this week, so you may be seeing another post wondering "what else it could be" if the thermistor doesn't fix things.

Out of curiosity, why do they have you take off the additional trim pieces (the stuff under the steering wheel, covering the fuses and OBD port) if all you really need in order to access the thermistor is to remove the kick panel to the right of the accelerator? This is based on the PDF of the instructions you posted above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi do you have some pic about the harness you talking about? Im about to replace my thermistor but i cant see it on left panel, all i can see is the evaporator sensor. As follow the pdf it was correct but there is not thermistor found

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone had luck determining why the Tucson air conditioner cools only when the temperature is cool outside. We replaced the evaporator thermistor (temperature sensor) and no luck. I'm thinking it may be the compressor clutch but I'm not sure how to check that.

Thanks

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Has anyone had luck determining why the Tucson air conditioner cools only when the temperature is cool outside. We replaced the evaporator thermistor (temperature sensor) and no luck. I'm thinking it may be the compressor clutch but I'm not sure how to check that.

Thanks
If you have a variable compressor is doen't have a clutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts