Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I need some inputs about my Tucson 2007 Gas Automatic stucked at 3rd gear transmission. After transmission oil has been changed about two years ago, I am having issues with acceleration which I thought it was the old problem in fuel pump. Later, after a few months I noticed that the transmission is always stucked at 3rd gear. I got it checked to the an official Hyundai shop and they have been able to fix the problem (transmission solenoids cleaned) but only for a couple of months. So I returned it to them and have it checked again. They've come back to me and told me that the problem was with the transmission control module and it is no longer with the solenoids which I have even more doubts.

I am hoping I got lead to good direction regarding this. Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

ernhil

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
If you can find someone with an OBD2 scanner and see if there's codes it may point in a direction for fault finding. Locked in 3rd is a failsafe condition usually trigger by certain fault codes. Too hard to guess at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can find someone with an OBD2 scanner and see if there's codes it may point in a direction for fault finding. Locked in 3rd is a failsafe condition usually trigger by certain fault codes. Too hard to guess at this point.
I got a mechanic with OBD2 checked it last week but there are no indication of fault. He said that highly likely it is the transmission solenoids have been contaminated.
Now I need to correct my first message, it is not solenoids that has been cleaned by hyundai shop like I previously stated but actually the transmission power relays has been replaced. Please kindly see the receipts in the attachment.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts