Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Direct as shown on the diagram. There wouldn't be a fuse on a sensor signal wire.
Hi

well ive checked the signal wire of the following sensors on the ECU and the Voltages read as follows:

Sensor on Ignition on Start

Fuel Pressure Sensor 0.51 V 0.99 V
Crank Position Sensor 2.47 V goes down to 0
Camshaft position Sensor 5.13 V goes down to 0

however, the vehicle still doesn't start now i really cant figure out the problem.

can you please advise me

Regards,

Kaviraj

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,282 Posts
the vehicle still doesn't start now i really cant figure out the problem.
Have you tried spraying some starting fluid (Easy Start/Start Ya Ba$tard) into the air intake during crank to see if that gets it running?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ya i tried that also the vehicle did start four times but shut down immediately.
one guy came on saturday for a diagnostic he said that the ECU is not retrieving any information form the sensors
he tried several times. when he plugged his OBD scanner in the port he got the connection with the ECU but the ECU was not sending any data about the engine. So he took it away to his Technician and the latter said that two eeproms need to be changed coz of blown out. however there are other eeproms that are too tiny and that he would not be able to check if the still work properly. May be i will need to buy another ECU.

Do you know where i can get one?? and the price please
Ive checked on Ebay didnt get one to suit my Vehicle

my vehicle is a CRDI 2.0 diesel Year 2006 113 HP Automatic Transmission
model 2.0 GL 2WD
engine JM D4EA
Odometer approx 171,000 km

Thank you

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The part number should be on the old unit. Is that how you are looking for a replacement? Too many regions and ECU numbers for me to guess which.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ok i dont have it with me but can send you my VIN hope that will do

VIN KMHJM81VR6U401648

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
That ETACS has a different number to yours. Not 100% sure how involved or what can and can not be swapped when it comes to immobilisers especially once programmed and matched.

Your ETACS should be 95400-2E131

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
So he took it away to his Technician and the latter said that two eeproms need to be changed coz of blown out.
That sounds like complete B/S to me. I assume the engine was running OK before you damaged the pressure sensor? I don't see how damaging the sensor would lead to a damage ECU. I don't suppose they offered an explanation to explain how that could happen?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That sounds like complete B/S to me. I assume the engine was running OK before you damaged the pressure sensor? I don't see how damaging the sensor would lead to a damage ECU. I don't suppose they offered an explanation to explain how that could happen?
hi am still looking for an ecu can you help me with it
please

part number 0281011689/3910427250

my vehicle is automatic transmission

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello I've checked the glow plugs with a multimeter they are ok
hello sir
back again, well i managed to get another ECU and tried it on my vehicle.
the mechanic did a diagnostic and its showing there fault codes
P0192 - Powertrain - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit low input
P0193 - Powertrain - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit low input
P0190 - Powertrain - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit
P0220 - Powertrain - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch Circuit
P0183 - Powertrain

can you please explain to me the reason of these faults

thank you

kaviraj

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
It's difficult to say what could be the reason for all those codes because some of them contradict others (P0192 & P0193).
It's possible that these codes are all related, so I'd start with the easiest one to deal with and see if fixing that cures all the other issues.

P0183 means the fuel temperature signal is too high. When a sensor signal is too high it is often because the sensor ground is missing/open circuit.
The fuel temp sensor is usually fitted into the high pressure pump's fuel supply hose, somewhere between the fuel filter and the pump. It will have a two terminal harness connector with a brown and a green/black wire...see below. To check the sensor ground connect your black voltmeter probe to battery negative and back probe the brown wire on the sensor connector with the red probe (sensor plugged into the harness). Now switch the ignition on and see what voltage you get. A good sensor ground should show a voltage of 0.2V or less. If the voltage is significantly higher than that that confirms the ground is bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi
Am back again sorry to bother you a sunday well I cleaned the hareness for fuel pressure sensor and camshaft sensor and fuel pressure regulator with alcohol and let it dry then reconnected them again then did a diagnosis and cleaned the faults it showed earlier and did a diagnostic again luckily it said no fault code stored in ecu
However the vehicle still doesn't start

Then I noticed that engine check light doesn't switch on when you put ignition on.
The guy doing the diagnostic told me the vehicle won't start if the engine light doesn't switch on. Is it true and what do you thing would be the problem please

Thank you
Kaviraj

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
The engine check light not switching on is often a sign that the engine control module isn't switched on/powered up. So more often that not the engine wont start if there is no check light. But usually, in my experience, when there is no check light the scan tool is unable to communicate with the module, so you aren't be able to read codes, etc, which you obviously are. Still, it would be worth checking the PCM's power supplies and grounds to make sure there aren't any issues there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi there

Thank you for your response
Ecu and pcm are they the same thing or two seperate units.
Can u send me a diagram or picture for me to locate it and explain me how do i proceed to check if there's power in the ECU and PCM please

Thank you very much for your precious help
Kaviraj

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
ECU/PCM are the same module. It's behind the dashboard on the driver's side, big silver box as shown in the photos above.
It looks like Gerard2 has the wiring diagram, so maybe he'll be able to help you with that.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts