Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i broke the Fuel Pressure Sensor accidently.
i bought another sensor with reference 00281002909 and fixed it but the vehicle doesn't start.
the original reference was 0281002788.
i've got several diagnostics done and it says fuel pressure sensor malfunction.
can anyone help me with it please

thank you

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Have you checked the sensor voltages at the harness connector? Disconnect the sensor and "touch" your voltmeter probes to the two outside terminals of the connector. Be careful not to damage the terminals. Don't jam the meter probes down into them. With the ignition on you should get 5V. Now connect the sensor and back probe the center terminal and you should get 0.5V. Leave your meter connected to the center terminal and crank the engine. The voltage should rise as the fuel pressure builds in the rail. That voltage needs to reach 1.0V before the PCM will start to inject fuel. If the voltage doesn't rise enough the engine will never start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
h
Have you checked the sensor voltages at the harness connector? Disconnect the sensor and "touch" your voltmeter probes to the two outside terminals of the connector. Be careful not to damage the terminals. Don't jam the meter probes down into them. With the ignition on you should get 5V. Now connect the sensor and back probe the center terminal and you should get 0.5V. Leave your meter connected to the center terminal and crank the engine. The voltage should rise as the fuel pressure builds in the rail. That voltage needs to reach 1.0V before the PCM will start to inject fuel. If the voltage doesn't rise enough the engine will never start.
hello ive checked the hareness it gives 5V when i put contact. couldnt start the engine coz need to assemble the injectors first hopefully will finish it tomorrow. then will give you a feedback

thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well one thing more ive noticed is that this light remains on in my dashboard
can someone please tell me whats the problem because ive alrdy tested the glowplugs with a multi meter at 20 omhs it gave 0.12 resistance all four

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
I don't really know what the problem is, but have you checked to see if the glow plugs are being supplied with power when you first turn the ignition key on?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really know what the problem is, but have you checked to see if the glow plugs are being supplied with power when you first turn the ignition key on?
Hello I've checked the glow plugs with a multimeter they are ok

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I did check and there is power on them when ignition key is on

One more thing in normal circumstances can you tell me what would be the values indicated by sensors on the engine while doing diagnostics like fuel pressure sensor,

Crank shaft sensor fuel pressure

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any means to check if the high pressure fuel pump is sending the required pressure to the common rail and how do I check that in the absence of pressure gauge or sensor coz a mechanic came today and said that the high pressure pump is not sending the required pressure and should be repaired. Please help me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I got the pump tested the garage said that it's in good condition and no repairs needed so I assembled it again and tried to start the vehicle but in vain the workshop told me that maybe my ecu is not detecting the new fuel pressure sensor and that may be I should do a remapping of the ecu. However the last diagnostics I did on the vehicle it said fuel pressure sensor malfunction can anyone help me on that please

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Sorry for not replying before now. I must have missed the email notification that there was a new post in this thread.

Is there any means to check if the high pressure fuel pump is sending the required pressure to the common rail and how do I check that in the absence of pressure gauge
I explained how to do this in post #2. The center terminal of the pressure sensor is the output signal to the PCM. What you need to do is back probe the center terminal so you can monitor the signal voltage with the sensor connected to the harness. With the ignition switched on the voltage should be 0.5Volts. Now crank the engine while monitoring the voltage. The voltage should rise as the pressure in the rail rises. The signal voltage needs to be about 1V before the PCM will start to inject fuel into the cylinders. If the voltage doesn't rise that high the engine will never start.

BACK PROBE CENTER TERMINAL

workshop told me that maybe my ecu is not detecting the new fuel pressure sensor and that may be I should do a remapping of the ecu.
If the ECU isn't detecting the sensor signal a remap isn't going to do anything to fix that.
The most likely reason for it not to detect the sensor signal would be a break in the wire between the sensor and the ECU. It's not likely to be a software issue that a remap will address.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I did the test as you said with the fuel sensor and when I cranked the engine the value rose to 1.2 approx means the signal is ok now will check the wire tomorrow and see what it gives

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any idea to which pin no is related to the fuel pressure sensor in the ecu

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Do you have any idea to which pin no is related to the fuel pressure sensor in the ecu
Sorry, not off the top of my head.

Do you have a scan tool? You should be able to read the rail pressure that the ECU is seeing on the sensor data list.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Sounds like maybe the sensor signal wire is open circuit/broken.
I'll check the wiring diagram tomorrow when I fire up my work laptop and I'll be able to advise you on what pin to check at the PCM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you dear. One more thing The glow plug light remains on is it relatedto the sensor problem

·
Registered
544 Posts
D4EA in a Sonata, the diagram for the Tuscon was wrong

This is Euro 3, there's also Euro 4 so this may be incorrect. Disregard the terminal info for ECU in first circuit diagram, picture 2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for not replying before now. I must have missed the email notification that there was a new post in this thread.

I explained how to do this in post #2. The center terminal of the pressure sensor is the output signal to the PCM. What you need to do is back probe the center terminal so you can monitor the signal voltage with the sensor connected to the harness. With the ignition switched on the voltage should be 0.5Volts. Now crank the engine while monitoring the voltage. The voltage should rise as the pressure in the rail rises. The signal voltage needs to be about 1V before the PCM will start to inject fuel into the cylinders. If the voltage doesn't rise that high the engine will never start.

BACK PROBE CENTER TERMINAL

If the ECU isn't detecting the sensor signal a remap isn't going to do anything to fix that.
The most likely reason for it not to detect the sensor signal would be a break in the wire between the sensor and the ECU. It's not likely to be a software issue that a remap will address.
Hi again I've just checked the output signal of the sensor it gave 0.98 approx when I cranked the engine. Now I've checked the wires going to the ecu there is a small bay and a big one and in both bays there are wires of yellow with a black stripe on them .
With the ignition on I tested both wires the one in the small bay gave 0.51 V and when I cranked the engine it stood fix.
The other wire of same colour found in the big bay gave 0 V on ignition and stood at 0V when I cranked the engine and I don't know which one is connected to the sensor.
One more thing does the wire go directly to the ecu or via a fuse

1 - 20 of 32 Posts