Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have been interested in a new (05-56 reg) car for the last 6-8month. i norrowed it down to the hyundai tucson and a kia sportage, now i have pin pointed the tucson. (feel the Tucson is a nicer looking car). My issues are, all advice welcome...

* is the GSI the entry model? if so, is it basic? is it worth stretching that little bit further for another model?
* Who has a diesel model? how noisey/loud are they?
* what type of MPG are you guys getting? petrol and diesel. i ave. 30mpg with my scenic.
* we already have a 3yr old boy, and plan on a bigger family? will the Tucson adaquitally handle this?
* is there anything i should look out for/avoid, in my search?

I'm sure i will have many more questions to ask..

Many thanks

Richie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, what is the 2WD like? i know it defeats the object of buying a mini SUV if it isnt a 4x4, but have noticed a few out there. I will not be using the Tucson for its 4 WD but would like any advice please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (RichieB @ Jun 11 2010, 02:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331992
Also, what is the 2WD like? i know it defeats the object of buying a mini SUV if it isnt a 4x4, but have noticed a few out there. I will not be using the Tucson for its 4 WD but would like any advice please.

Hi, I have the 2007 tucson xenith, it's a lovely car but the fuel consumption is much the same as all the older posts on here, I average 30mpg whether I drive it hard or easy, don't rely on Hyundai service as Hyundai and some of the dealers seem pretty useless, I now have mine serviced at a citroen dealer as he charges me half price for the labour, no point paying for the useless dealership service, I have driven this car for 92,000 miles and love it to bits but I don't rely on the service side, it will carry 4 people in comfort, I took mine with three of us to Scotland and did 2000 miles in a week, driving up mountains and on all types of roads, no problems at all, I would buy the 4wd model as it proved itself in the snow this year.
It is noisy on the outside but you won't notice this on the inside

I hope this helps you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts