Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what replacement parts were covered under the TT1 campaign online the only information I could find is that it covers the front and rear underbody from corrosion and if your parts are rusted they would be replaced for free. Exactly what parts are replaced? I went to a mechanic before I knew about the campaign and was told I needed various repairs due to a rusted subframe

Repairs needed:
Front strut assembly
Cradle assembly with arms
Sway bar link
Drive axle
Subframe and right side axle
Front strut assemblies and links
Wheel alignment

Not sure if all were due to rusting this is just the list I was given from a mechanic totaling $2,000. So if I could get my car repaired for free I would be a very happy girl. My appointment is for February 28,2018

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maybe SBR711 will have an answer to this. My 2007 Elantra has same issue with rear lower arms being corroded through even though campaign was done on mine in 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
After doing some research I found the complete documents on the NHTSA site. They are listed under the Manufacturer Communications section, select EQUIPMENT and then select Components:Equipment. There is more than one so review each of them and their associated documents. One includes a letter from the manufacturer to the dealers and the other is the actual repair procedure. Yes, the dealer is required to replace any components that are badly corroded. This campaign was reopened in September 2017. I tried to attach both documents but one was too big so use the link below to get to them.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2007/HYUNDAI/ELANTRA/4%252520DR/FWD#manufacturerCommunications

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you pemdas1972 for your research info. Huyndai has said "sorry not covered". Did you get yours repaired? I copied the letter which looks like it should be covered. I'll send a copy to the dealer. They want over 2k to fix. I do most repairs-in the front yard..not this. Thanks again.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes they covered it 100% like they are supposed to. I would call Hyundai customer service and have a case opened.
They originally performed the campaign on my car in 2015 before i was the owner and frankly they didn't perform the procedure properly. Even if they did it doesn't guarantee the parts wont corrode.
Your dealer is putting a large legal liability on them and Hyundai because if any part on that campaign fails and causes an accident you know the lawyers are getting involved.
My dealer took pictures and sent to field rep to determine severity and replace. I also had opened a case with Hyundai.
I still need to go back to dealer because they didnt apply anti corrosion to other parts that should have it so case still opened.
Thank you pemdas1972 for your research info. Huyndai has said "sorry not covered". Did you get yours repaired? I copied the letter which looks like it should be covered. I'll send a copy to the dealer. They want over 2k to fix. I do most repairs-in the front yard..not this. Thanks again.
Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts