Hyundai Forums banner

Tsb-09-bd-013 Kinked Ac Hose

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sequoiasoon 
#1 ·
Hello All,

i have a 2010 sonata I4 2.4L and found this TSB-09-BD-013 "kinked A/C drain hose..." on their
website.

I checked my drain hose out and it was not kinked and it appears to be routed properly, BUT i
noticed that it drains right onto the nut(s)/clamp for the stabilizer bar bushing (passenger
side), which i think will cause these parts to prematurely rust out...

I live in Northern NJ and have not used my AC that much since i purchased the car, so i didn't
notice any rust.

Would appreciate any feedback from other owners:

1. is your drain routed this way and
2. have you noticed any rusting of these parts.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
Saw that TSB too and check my A/C drain hose and it was fine! Did not look to see where it drain to. My brother's Dodge Dynasty had to be junked early cause he ignored the water inside the car when running the A/C. Kinked A/C drain rotted out part of the body and couldn't get a replacement part which held the suspension.

#4 ·
QUOTE (Red 55 @ May 5 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319934
Saw that TSB too and check my A/C drain hose and it was fine! Did not look to see where it drain to. My brother's Dodge Dynasty had to be junked early cause he ignored the water inside the car when running the A/C. Kinked A/C drain rotted out part of the body and couldn't get a replacement part which held the suspension.
Not sure why we needed to know that, but I did have the Heater Core dump some coolant inside a Car once. Felt like I was getting peed on! :00000732: :banana:

#5 ·
I'll need to check later on. I got a phone call (voicemail) from my Hyundai dealer with a number to call about the A/C issue. Didn't know I had an issue but now will need to check.

As to not using the A/C....if you use your defroster (even split floor/window) then you use the A/C since it comes on automatically in defrost mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.