Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sonata Sport 2.4L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I'm trying to install seat covers since the interior of my Sonata is that light grey. Really need to take the headrests off to fit the cover over the seat.

I found the 'pin' hole and I tried raising the headrest all the way up and holding it there and inserting the paper clip in the hold and pressing. Of course I was under the impression that it was just going to release but no.

Searched YouTube for a bit and didn't find anything particular to the specific vehicle. I do have a service appointment next week I can always badger them!

Yet if somebody knows please share!

Thanks much in advance!

Dave

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
397 Posts
According to HSM:
※Headrest separation method※
a. Push the LH headrest guide locking button (2). (Image in manual points to the left rod's up/down adjustment tab)
b. Insert a pin into the hole of the RH headrest guide and push the hidden lock plate (3).
c. Remove the front seat headrest.

Sounds like you were doing it properly if you felt the hidden tab slide over when you inserted and pushed in with the pin. Did you continue to push both tabs as you were lifting the headrest past the stops?

Semper Fortis!

·
Registered
2016 Sonata Sport 2.4L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maciver thanks so much for that!

I was 90% before I asked for help!

I needed to lean the seat back in order to get it out. Those headrests have some wicked long pillars! Geesh!

Mission accomplished!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Handler, your mission will be accomplished when after successful seat cover installation you'll fix headrests back.

Cheers and good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts