Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking I would be preferring the original 3-line chrome grill, but I haven't seen enough photos of either of them without the emblem!
if anybody has a 3-line or 4-line chrome grill without emblem, please post on this thread.
it will help me a lot. thanks

also, i would like links to websites where i would be able to buy them for good price.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
stick with the oem 3 line or body color GLS grille.

the grille design makes the car look like it has a flat nose as it is, the 4 line grille glorifies
the flatnose look even more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really wanted to get the 3 bar because all I wanted was the exact factory look minus the H. The catch was that the only 3 bar I could find that matched the car was almost $100 more then I ended up finding a 4 bar for.

In this older thread http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t55405-facto...ll-for-sale.htm I posted a photo of the 4 bar on a white sonata which I have and I think it looks real good.

Hopefully it arrives this week as you all know as soon as I get it on I will take a picture and post it so you can give your thoughts. I think it will look pretty good though, if it doesnt I will sell it and buy a 3 bar.

Its going to be a busy photo week, new grill and snow tire photo shoots.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Nov 23 2010, 06:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374338
stick with the oem 3 line or body color GLS grille.

the grille design makes the car look like it has a flat nose as it is, the 4 line grille glorifies
the flatnose look even more.

i think you're right.
now it feels like if it's missing an emblem, it's missing a nose..
huh.. weird.
i guess it's because every cars have an emblem in the front.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You should bolt on the Jaguar figure for laughs if you want a nose. Combine with a Lexus emblem in the back and Acura logos for the Rims.

Its really up to personal preference. Some people really like the clean look of a car without any emblems whatsoever.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (ijoe @ Nov 24 2010, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374546
You should bolt on the Jaguar figure for laughs if you want a nose. Combine with a Lexus emblem in the back and Acura logos for the Rims.

Its really up to personal preference. Some people really like the clean look of a car without any emblems whatsoever.
yeah and i don't mind losing a hyundai emblem.
if it was a bmw or lexus, that's a different story.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As promised here are the photos of the new grille on my car. Took less than 7 days to get here and was well packaged. There were NO instructions but it wasnt rocket science either.

I am undecided whether I would prefer the 3 or 4 bar but I think its a bit of a wash since to me there is no huge difference in overall look.

[attachment=21500:DSCN0788.JPG]
[attachment=21501:DSCN0786.JPG]

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts