Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not happy with Hyundai Australia and the different versions of information provided after buying my car. The sales person said he had one and then this changed after I signed the contract.

Then I was told early January, then early February, then no idea when phoned and so it goes on. I was given a VIN number, but now told the car may still need to be made. :mad: A VIN number does not indicate the car exists.

I could have bought an Outlander on special at the same time and did not after Hyundai said they had a car. We have had 3 Hyundai cars, however not getting any real ETA is not good. :eek:

Has anyone else had the same experience trying to buy a Santa Fe in Australia?
Does anyone have any idea when the next ship arrives in Australia?

Sean

·
Registered
89 Posts
WA dealers are saying early January for the next Santa Fe deliveries. Having a VIN does not mean if has been checked and has an Australian compliance plate fitted. Maybe that's what they were talking about? 25 on back order in one dealer I talked to when buying my wife an i30. Glad I picked my Highlander up a few months ago, when it was the last silver one in local stock.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am not happy with Hyundai Australia and the different versions of information provided after buying my car. The sales person said he had one and then this changed after I signed the contract.

Then I was told early January, then early February, then no idea when phoned and so it goes on. I was given a VIN number, but now told the car may still need to be made. :mad: A VIN number does not indicate the car exists.

I could have bought an Outlander on special at the same time and did not after Hyundai said they had a car. We have had 3 Hyundai cars, however not getting any real ETA is not good. :eek:

Has anyone else had the same experience trying to buy a Santa Fe in Australia?
Does anyone have any idea when the next ship arrives in Australia?

Sean
Hi Sean, im in South Australia and kind of experienced the same thing, I approached a dealer and basically pushed and pushed to get a great deal, then contacted every dealer to price match or better it, another dealer did (metro area) who advised me that they had 2 on a ship who they would get into port in 4 weeks, thats it did...the first dealer advised 3 months, which would make it January for the next boat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts