Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried finding the specific user/car/application that I saw a few weeks back as reference but no luck. Saw a guy had bought these:

2pcs H7 3528 102 SMD LED Car Auto Head Light Pure White Bulb Lamp 6000K DC 12V | eBay

put them in the DRL sockets, for a whiter/cleaner look. My main question is, will I lose my high beam function using these bulbs for DRLs? I want more of a natural/whiter look on my DRLs, as I will be doing HID lows soon.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have these led drl.. Yes, you will lose high beam function, but if you have HID you will not miss it..:)

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
you could use the drl harness from shark racing and keep your hi beams and use led strips for drl

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not wanting the DRL 'strips' I dont really care for that look. Looking for a whiter bulb output from the DRL instead.

I will check into that DRL harness, however I thought I read it was like $50/side or something idiotic?

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you want to maintain high beam with whiter DRL, there are some halogen bulbs that claim whiter light. Most I have seen run $20-50 per set. Played with a set at a friends auto shop, and they were the right color at full power. The demo stand couldn't do low power, so I couldn't test what would happen at DRL strength.

But, yes, if you go LED, you will not have bright high beams. Also, HID's are generally not recommended for high beams either.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The SR harnesses are $50 for the pair. They will delete the DRL function from the high beams and redirect it to either nothing or whatever you plug into them. So if you don't want separate LED strips for your DRL's this won't help you.
Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too here. If you replace the high beams with LED H7's to make the DRL's look white you've just kissed your high beams goodbye, and whiter halogens probably won't help much either since they'll be running at low power as DRL's and will likely not be all that white. Aside from that, they may need to be replaced fairly often since they'll be running continuously and most aftermarket bulbs have a shorter rated life than the standard halogens.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I guess eliminating the DRL is better than not having high beams when it comes down to it. I dont need or use/want the DRL function. Cleaner look IMO if you don't have them. That DRL delete harness may be just what I get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts