Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Accent SE and am having trouble with the trunk release -- it doesn't work. It looks like the part in the trunk may have come loose or something. Anyone know how to fix it so I can avoid a trip to the dealership?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take it to the dealer to get fixed. Unless something in your boot/truck has moved around and damaged something.
I'm in the process of moving so it wouldn't surprise me if a box or dresser drawer knocked something. Guess I'll have to stop by the dealership and have them fix it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in the process of moving so it wouldn't surprise me if a box or dresser drawer knocked something. Guess I'll have to stop by the dealership and have them fix it. :rolleyes:
Probably the best decision. If you started tinkering with it, the dealership may end up blaming you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you really have an SE as stated in the first post? That's a hatchback like mine and I don't find a trunk/hatch release in my car.
Wondering the same thing myself... I've got myself a 2012 Accent L, I recently purchased a remote starter and the key fob has a trunk release button. Just curious if it's possible to make any use of it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wanted to post an update in case anyone else experiences this issue. I took my car to the dealership this afternoon and discovered the cable had come out of the trunk mechanism somehow. Literally took the technician 30 seconds to fix. It will be nice to not have to use my key to open the trunk anymore. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts