Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in a 2011 Sonata on a 2013 Azera. When I hit the trunk release on the Sonata the lid would automatically open 1/2 to 2/3 the way. The Azera unlatches and raises maybe an inch at the most. Based on your vehicles, can you let me know if your trunks open up when you unlock them?

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Azera trunk just unlocks. I don't think mine even goes up an inch. I don't even use the fob to unlock the trunk; I just use the button under the trunk lid to unlock and raise the trunk at the same time. That's more convenient than fishing around for the fob (for me). If you didn't know about that function, there's an area about 1 inch deep, and 3 inches wide covered by rubber that acts as a release button as long as you have the fob on your person when you press it. It's under the trunk lid, in the center.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Azera trunk just unlocks. I don't think mine even goes up an inch. I don't even use the fob to unlock the trunk; I just use the button under the trunk lid to unlock and raise the trunk at the same time. That's more convenient than fishing around for the fob (for me). If you didn't know about that function, there's an area about 1 inch deep, and 3 inches wide covered by rubber that acts as a release button as long as you have the fob on your person when you press it. It's under the trunk lid, in the center.
I was aware of the release on the lid itself. I usually don't use the fob either, but the few times I have I just noticed the lid didn't go up like the Sonata did. Thanks FlySwatter.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I noticed that the black trunk release button works without the key fob being present when the car is unlocked. When locked, you need the fob to use the button on the trunk for entry.

I discovered this by accident one day when I wanted something from the trunk and the car was sitting unlocked in the garage. Pushed the black rubber button and it opened right up. Tried it again with the doors locked and nothing.

Good thing to know that your trunk contents are available to whoever passes by, if you leave the car unlocked.

·
Registered
114 Posts
well if you leave your car unlock, trunk going to be available to anyone on any car. just hit the trunk button inside. Just saying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts