Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Hyundai XG350, 2004 has trunk light ON on dashboard. It has 130k miles and is maintained well.

1) While driving, trunk light doesn't stay ON.When i park and tun the ignition key off, still dashboard doesn't display trunk light ON. Its only when i open driver door open, trunk-light comes on. Then thereafter Stays ever ON,as when i exit/close the driver door. It does trigger Alarm as such. To over-come this issue, as a temporary fix, i kept driver glass rolled down,then turn ignition key on-off, by poping head thru driver window, keeping the driver door CLOSED.

2) Physically Trunk latches well. Back in Trunk, the lamp-light does not work, and its not a recent issue (may be 110k it stopped). I did not care then, because it did not trigger any issue.

3) Now, I notice inside the car, front and rear reading lights ,on celing are not working either. All Brake lights are working fine.

Can anyone advise, how to trouble shoot from here. I suspect the trunk-actuator-pin which is connected to bottom inverted U-latch. I could not find actuator pin it in Autozone, AdvanceAuto...etc so as to swap and trouble shoot.

I will appreciate any help from here on.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
long story short. trunk lamps are not working.....trunk latch light is ON on dashboard in battery mode..new battery was installed last month. please advice....

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,367 Posts
I will appreciate any help from here on.....
Does the room lamp work? It sounds to me like the room lamp fuse is blown so the switched ground that is supposed to turn the room lamp on is back feeding through the room lamp and the trunk lamp bulbs which would cause the trunk ajar warning lamp to come on. There's a timer in the ETAC unit that is supposed to keep the room lamp on for 30 seconds or so after the doors are closed. My guess is it's that timer that is keeping the trunk ajar warning light on after all the doors are closed.

Obviously I'm just guessing but it sounds plausible. Let us know how you get on with it.

Regards.
Scottie.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for quick response. Is there fuse # you have in mind which i can swap to trouble-shoot in junction-box under hood or Instrument panel underneath driver steering wheel. Manual confuses me with bunch of fuses.....!!!!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,367 Posts
Fuse number 20...see below. It's on the dashboard fusebox and I'm pretty sure it's marked "ROOM LP" on the fusebox cover.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BOOM.

FIRST... i played with bended wire bunch.....It curves along with trunk-hindge on rear left....Most people talk about it saying wire gets frayed due to trunk open close action. I inspected for cracks but witnessed nothing. They looked brand new but bend. I re-routed & straighten bends in hope that touch if broken... wow.... It worked... This solved my trunk light on dashboard saga... At this point room lights and trunk lamp was still not working....

SECOND...I came back and saw your post saying about fuse#20 ROOM LP....Went out again & I pulled it.. Its 10Amp red fuse and Gosh it was shorted out...You proved right...Replaced with spare 10Amp...Now room lights and trunk light is working like a charm....

I must thank you .....very very very......much much much..... for directing me to inspect fuse#20.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So recently have the same problem. Husband didn't know there was latch from the inside and he pulled it to see what it would do...now the dash lights to the trunk is on when the car is not in use. We have shut the trunk super hard to maybe it reset itself ..but no use. Help! I knew he should not have been playing car things when he had no clue what he was touching.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts