Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently upgraded the speakers and deck in my 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS but after installing a 12" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer in my trunk all I can hear is an overly annoying rattle caused by the cheap plastic trunk lid. It seems the lid is vibrating against my rear window because when I shove a towel along the edge across my window the noise stops. Has anyone solved this problem yet?

·
Registered
622 Posts
foam, silicone, or turn it down a tad....:D welcome to the world of deep bass.
What a silly question. I bought the car because it was cheap, but then I'm going to complain about it rattling when I upgrade my speakers??? SMH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't buy the car because it was cheap.... I bought the car because being a 20 year old college student, while working full time, I only had so much money to spend and instead of buying an older used car i bought myself a new car in my price range with full warranty coverage. My bad....

·
Registered
622 Posts
I didn't buy the car because it was cheap.... I bought the car because being a 20 year old college student, while working full time, I only had so much money to spend and instead of buying an older used car i bought myself a new car in my price range with full warranty coverage. My bad....
I'm not knocking you for the amount of money you spent, it makes the most sense if you're watching your dough. But, there's a reason the vehicle is the price it is. Wasn't meant to be a solid bass box. Trial and error to figure out what works best for rattles. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I haven't heard a single vehicle on the road going 'thump, thump, thump' that didn't sound like it was slowly dismantling itself. I try not to stay behind them in case parts start falling off.

·
22,793 Posts
At least he had the forethought to buy a new vehicle and install the thumper. My neighbor's kid drives a 20 year old ricer he bought for $400. Then installed a $2,000 sonic boom machine. I always know when he gets home from his fast food job, the windows in the house vibrate. I don't know, he may be deaf. Whatever. Kids will be kids. I had my go at it when I was younger, too. Many, many, MANY year's ago. LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
You can buy sheets of 'stick on' sound deadening material... If a towel can deaden the noise, then this may be a more permanent solution. Dynamat is one seller, but there may be cheaper versions of the product out there.. Trunk Kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts