Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all,

It's the middle of May here in Houston, TX. For the past 2-3 weeks, I've noticed that when I initially press the open trunk button on the remote on my 2011 GLS, it makes the "click/pop" noise to let you know that trunk is opened, but the trunk lid is stuck and doesn't open. This only happens the first time each day. Afterwards, the trunk will pop open halfway. I remember that when I first got the car three months ago, the trunk would open fully when I use the remote to open it. After a couple of weeks, it only opened halfway; which is fine with me since I don't like to have my trunk wide opened, but when it doesn't open at all....
Anybody have this issue too?[/font]

·
Registered
738 Posts
I don't have that issue but my trunk only opens half way since day one..... and I have to hold the button for awhile for it to do that.. I thought that was normal ??????

·
Registered
533 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ May 20 2010, 11:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324648
I don't have that issue but my trunk only opens half way since day one..... and I have to hold the button for awhile for it to do that.. I thought that was normal ??????
It is normal to have to hold the remote button down. It even states it on my remote with the pictogram of the trunk lid and the word "Hold"

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think trunk doesn't "pop" open due to the weatherstripping "sticking" together. At least that's what appears to happen on mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the weatherstripping might be the cause like reubj says. I'm going to lube it some Armor All and see how it goes. Thanks for the input Y'all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I noticed my trunk lid doesn't go all the way up like it did when I first got my car. It opens about half way. I've had the car for about a month now. Sometimes it
goes all the way up but most of the time it doesn't. At first I thought it happens when I'm on an incline but seems to be happening on level surfaces as well.

I'm going to bring this up to my service department when I get the chance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I noticed on mine that it opens OK, but when I removed the inside lining to install a rear view camera especially with a light also off that it will open real fast. So I am guessing if you install a heavy license plate holder made of metal that can influence and in general any added weight. Also the weatherstrip sticking can cause that. I would check the hinges and make sure they do not stick, maybe lube them with a thin lubricant. After I installed the rear view camera on the license plate mine still opens good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The license plate frame I installed is an aluminum one...maybe that's it; I'll take it off and see if it solves the problem. Thanks tibike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts