Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I should've checked this forum a while ago, but I'm looking for some help with my 2007 Accent GS hatchback.

It was having trouble starting after I got gas, so I bought some fuel injector cleaner and that seemed to fix it. Used it monthly.

Well, during quarantine I haven't been driving it very often. Once or maybe twice a week, short drives. I've noticed it start to idle rough and then drive rough and have trouble shifting gears when I hit 35-40 mph (this happened infrequently, not every time). Fuel economy has been getting worse too, so I'm guessing this is partly a spark plug replacement issue. Had to have them replaced twice in a 3 year span when I was driving it a lot - garage wasn't sure why. So I don't just want to do that.

Long story short the last time I filled the tank it had a horrible time starting, and last week, it started riding and idling rough. Feels like the engine is shuddering when I first try to accelerate and it smooths out once I hit 35-45 mph.

Not getting codes but I'm sure it has to do with my spark plugs and fuel system, and guessing that it's a bad purge valve which has been the culprit for too frequent spark plug replacements.

Found this: Help me find: VAPOR CANISTER PURGE VALVE

My question:

Is there an engine blueprint or someone who can help me locate the purge valve on this Accent?

I can snap a photo of the engine once it stops raining here in FL.

Thanks so much, fellow drivers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
The purge valve is as per the picture below:

However if it's playing up it should throw a code.
I would try starting from end of the engine bay working your way to the other side, removing and cleaning all the sensors with electrical contact cleaner. For the spark plugs a good brush with a wire brush and a good spray with contact cleaner works a treat.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
If you go to an Iridium plug they will last for the rest of the car's life more than likely. Hard start due to the purge valve is because when filling you push gas fumes into the intake with a stuck open valve.

It will not necessarily set a DTC. Not hard to change as long as the hose going from it to the throttle body doesn't fall apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts