Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Thank you for this great forum, and I new here and having problem with my 2002 Santa fe 2.4 enfine 2 wheel drive.

The proble is when I ever try to start the cat, a seal or gasket get blow and the car starts to leak oil, I have changed 3 times and still the same, the Mechanic tells me that there is alot of preasure builds up in the engine that keeps blowing the seal or gasket, the seal is located down in the enging on the left hand side.

any help before the mechanic tears the engine apart to see what is wrong, the car is not drivable because of the oil leak.

Thanks

Ghaith

·
Registered
107 Posts
If it is a valve cover gasket it is not that bad , not a big job to do but if it is a head gasket , that is a more time (money) consuming job . I do not understand that your mechanic can`t identify and fix this since those are the only two gaskets that can cause oil leaks in that area of the engine. Good luck , and if you are at ease with mechanical work a valve cover gasket is easy to change...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, It is not the gasket I am worried about, its what cause the gasket to blow and start leaking, I can not drive the car, and each time we change the gasket and start the car the gasket blew.

The mechanic can not identify the reason behind the gasket keep blowing up, and he says there is a lot of preasure build up in the engine.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts