Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Santa Fe Limited with the navigation system. When I plug my iphone into the USB jack, I immediately get an error message on the screen which says "media connection error", and the system is not finding the iphone or the music on it. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, I had the same problem with my 09 santa fe, i first tried using the usb ipod cord, but it gave me that same message that it cant connect, i asked the dealership about it, and they have a cord made for using ipods/iphones, its a 2 pronged cord with usb and aux jack, that connects to the ipod/iphone, and lets u use the radio it search through the songs and whatnot, I paid 40 bucks for it. If you already have that cord and your getting that problem, then im not sure what the problem would be, but i hope this helps

this is a picture of it
http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/395563/87031...IPOD_IPHONE.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Basic57 @ Apr 13 2010, 01:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312750
Hey, I had the same problem with my 09 santa fe, i first tried using the usb ipod cord, but it gave me that same message that it cant connect, i asked the dealership about it, and they have a cord made for using ipods/iphones, its a 2 pronged cord with usb and aux jack, that connects to the ipod/iphone, and lets u use the radio it search through the songs and whatnot, I paid 40 bucks for it. If you already have that cord and your getting that problem, then im not sure what the problem would be, but i hope this helps

this is a picture of it
http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/395563/87031...IPOD_IPHONE.jpg
Thanks very much for your reply. I've been using the usb cable that came with the iphone, not the two-pronged kind you got from your dealer. I'll give them a call and see if the same cable is required for the 2010 santa Fe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just bought a 2010 Sante Fe Limited, and have the USB/AUX cable from Hyundai, and when connecting my iPhone 3G (OS 4.), the iPhone states "iPod empty".

It will connect successfully through bluetooth, but I want to be able to scroll through songs on the steering wheel.

Thanks for any help!
-=D=-

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Dpiddy @ Aug 24 2010, 12:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351527
Hello, I just bought a 2010 Sante Fe Limited, and have the USB/AUX cable from Hyundai, and when connecting my iPhone 3G (OS 4.), the iPhone states "iPod empty".

It will connect successfully through bluetooth, but I want to be able to scroll through songs on the steering wheel.

Thanks for any help!
-=D=-
The same thing is happening to me. I have the same set up as you except I have the 2010 Sante Fe Sport. For a while it was working although I'd get the message ""This accessory is not supported" on my phone. However I'd still be able to play music. Then yesterday I plugged it in and now I get "iPod Empty".

Bluetooth works but if I'm driving around charging my iphone I'd like to be able to actually play music through the stereo system and scroll songs on the steering wheel.

Grrr!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the 2 prong cable and still get the "unsupported" message but it will play music - it just wont forward or reverse in the tracks, but it will pause

However, I can't get it to sync my contacts in my phonebook w/the bluetooth on my 3g, the tech connected his iphone and it sync the contacts but mine won't...any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm wondering if maybe the USB port and/or the cord that you can buy from Hyundai goes bad.
I bought the chord from the dealer and at first the iPod could be controlled by the regular radio/steering wheel controls but for some reason over the past coulple months I have to control it from the iPod, which is not easy while driving.

I'm thinking it's either the USB port or the USB connector part of the cable I bought from Hyundai.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't know if this helps but we recently bought a 2010, we picked up the ipod adapter from the part counter aswell. We couldn't get in to connect with our 3g touch "media error". I played with it a bit and found that you really have to firmly press the adapter into the jack and then it started working for us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
late answer

I find that only certain ipods work with the cable. only my ipod classic will work with all the controls from the dual pronged cord. My daughters ipod touch and iphone won't synch or play music.....I believe it says something like that in the owners manual where not all apple items will work properly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My wife reported having this problem with her iPhone 4S yesterday (day 2 of ownership). The dealer supplied us with a new Hyundai adapter with the car, which worked fine over the weekend. I hope it is the cable and not the port(s) because our car is just outside the 36k radio/accessory warranty.

I guess I will ask her to try plugging in more firmly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i have a senta fe 2010 and i don't have a aux port, only the usb cable in the globe case.
also i tried to connect my iphone to bluetooth to play music and i didn't succseed..
please thanks for the helpers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts