Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and I have a two trouble codes on my car. I’m not sure what they mean or what I have to change or where these parts are located in my vehicle.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I have a two trouble codes on my car. I’m not sure what they mean
My guess is these codes mean there is a problem with the engine's manifold pressure sensor ground wire.

The manifold pressure sensor (MAP sensor) is located at the front of the engine near the throttle valve. There are two sensor elements inside the sensor, one that measures the air pressure inside the manifold and one that measures the air temperature. Although these sensors live in the same house they are two completely independent sensors. But they both share the same ground circuit. Since you have codes relating to both sensors it seems likely that the thing they have in common (the ground) is where the fault lies. These codes are more likely to be caused by a wiring fault than a faulty sensor, in my experience.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Have a close look at the pic it clearly shows where it is. The earth is probably back at the ECU but try unpluging and replug it to see if that fixes the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts