Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Santa Fe broke the axle while I was on vacation. It was towed to local dealership. We had to stay an addition day because of this. We were told my service manager to stay at current hotel and it would not be a limit to reimbursement. Now over 30 days later I'm learning that there is $100 a day limit to reimbursement. Hyundai says it's the Roadside Assistance problem and Roadside Assistance says its Hyundai's problem. I have a notebook full of conversations and I'm still getting the run around. I'm looking for regional manager or CEO to talk to. I live in Va. and the car broke and was finally fixed in Myrtle Beach, Sc.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
We were told my service manager to stay at current hotel.....
Whoever told you that should cough up the difference.

If he doesn't, a discussion with the dealership OWNER might be effective.

After that, I'm not sure the stress is worth a couple of hundred bucks.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Hyundai Roadside Assistance is a joke. My daughter got stranded in northern Michigan, 400 miles from home, resulting in her missing a job interview and extending her trip by a day and a half. As the 2011 Sonata Hybrid would not start or run after starting, the vehicle had to be towed across state with her riding in the tow truck.
When I called Roadside about their reimbursement pledge, they incredibly stated "but we feel that if the vehicle 'would have started' then she 'could have driven home'!"
Hyundai wouldn't even consider defraying the costs of an unintended hotel stay as they justified the disabled vehicle to suit themselves.
Good luck with your problem; I must say, if you call corporate, they are no better and will shut you down.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've had pretty good luck posting a negative message on Hyundai's Twitter account. Was contacted by Corporate within 24 hours and my issue was resolved promptly and they have followed up since to make sure everything was still ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts