Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My last 2 Hyundai's MPG displays have been remarkably accurate. 2011 Sonata and 2013 Azera.

I'm sure that this may vary, but I've gone through the 3 tank manual measuring tests, and the differences were tiny.

I also saw a TV story on the accuracy of gas pumps delivering what is showing on their displays. Often the pumps were substantially off. The state inspectors will shut down these pumps until they are re-calibrated.

There are a lot of factors involved here, so you can't always assume that the car display is more "off" than the pump figures.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My last 2 Hyundai's MPG displays have been remarkably accurate. 2011 Sonata and 2013 Azera.

I'm sure that this may vary, but I've gone through the 3 tank manual measuring tests, and the differences were tiny.

I also saw a TV story on the accuracy of gas pumps delivering what is showing on their displays. Often the pumps were substantially off. The state inspectors will shut down these pumps until they are re-calibrated.

There are a lot of factors involved here, so you can't always assume that the car display is more "off" than the pump figures.
I trust the trip computer to be "directionally correct". What more do we really need?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
The calculator on my phone will always be more accurate than the trip computer in the Sonata. Mine has been off routinely ~1.5 mpg since I bought it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The calculator on my phone will always be more accurate than the trip computer in the Sonata. Mine has been off routinely ~1.5 mpg since I bought it.
Hello, could you please tell if you have any problems with the remote trunk release due to the weight of the spoiler? My trunk seems to be a bit heavy and pops up with some hesitation, I wonder if it will stop popping up completely if I add a spoiler. Thank you.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Hello,does add extrald you please tell if you have any problems with the remote trunk release due to the weight of the spoiler? My trunk seems to be a bit heavy and pops up with some hesitation, I wonder if it will stop popping up completely if I add a spoiler. Thank you.
Yes the style of spoiler I have does add extra weight. The trunk will "pop" but it wont open up like it did when I first bought it. If you decide to go with a heavier spoiler, there are replacement springs you can buy that will allow you to keep the pop. I didnt add them to my car bc I had issues early on with the trunk opening on its own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts