Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have hyundai accent 2012 , with 4 Gears A/t ,, :)

when i engage the reverse gear ,, the car moves after 1sec,,

is it a delay in this gear ,, or it is Normal,, ??

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you mean you have your foot on the brake, you shift to reverse and when you take your foot off the brake it still takes about a second or so before the car moves? With any car, as soon as you shift it into gear, you should kinda feel it want to go as soon as the brake is released. If yours isnt, the case, just bring it in to be looked at. It should still be under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the car is in (N) position ,, the brakes is realesed,,
When put (R) ,, it take a sec to move ,,
Km : 9000 ,,

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Has it always had this delay, or did it just start to happen?

It doesn't sound normal. I have the 6 gear automatic and when I put the shifter in 'R', the car 'bumps' into gear right away. There is no delay.

Automatic transmissions are complicated. The only thing you can really do is check the level of the transmission fluid. Other than that, like Douglas23 says, you need to take the car to your dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But the car goes back normaly after this delay ,,
I dont know if the dealer will do something or telling me
That the car is good as soon as it reverses ,,

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It's hard to know what your dealer will say. I'm not sure how the Hyundai warranty works in Egypt, but at 9000km (5500 miles) the transmission should be covered.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Should be mentioned that if this is happening while parked on an incline, the vehicles "hill-assist" feature will activate making this experience "NORMAL." Never going to hurt to take it to dealer to be checked out though if this occurs on flat surface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts